Error log when backing up HS4 configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error log when backing up HS4 configuration

This is a great plug-in that has worked well since I started using it with HS3 and still does with HS4. I have noticed that there are error logs when I run an HS4 backup manually due to some jowihue files that aren't accessible. The backup still passes fine. I took a quick look and didn't see that this had been noted anywhere. The logs are below:
    2021-04-21 10:54:14 AM

HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-wal' because it is being used by another process.

HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-shm' because it is being used by another process.

HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db' because it is being used by another process.

Yes this error is logged because the plugin has an open database. The error is pointing to some "undocumented" feature that has been created in HS4 apparently.
    No worries, HS4 will continue with its backup and skip the open files. The plugin does take care of its own backups (check the \Data\JowiHue directory for this) which are correctly backed up by HS4. So you can always return to a working version if ever needed.
    My suggestion is to ignore the error.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the update. I will continue to ignore the error.

Thanks,
      Craig.

Comment

And I have submitted a ticket to HST to document it and also how to opt out the plugin's life database from the backup.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X