Hue sensors setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue sensors setting

Having some issues with the Philips Hue motion sensors and need to better understand the available settings in the JowiHue page, their respective values and how to make sure those settings reach the device.

Lets look at a particular sensor, a Philips SML001 that includes motion, temperature and lumen sensors:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1476686

For this type of sensor, I get 2 settings and a LED control for the motion sensor and 1 setting for the temperature sensor:

Motion settings:

Views:	283
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1476687

Temperature settings:

Views:	291
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1476688
    My understanding of the "Delay nomotion after motion ends" is that the value express the amount of time, in minutes, for the sensor to report no movement back to the plugin after the movement has stopped. I don't remember the initial value. When I initially installed it, I set it to 2, assuming 2 minutes. That value was not enough so I tried to set it to 5, again assuming minutes. The setting doesn't seem to have reached the device, except for the LED setting.

To set this up, I made sure to wake up the device before saving the value in HS. Yet, I'm not seeing the change of behaviour of the sensor although the LED setting seems to have made it thru.. It does flick once in a while when movement starts. but that is not consistent. At this point, the behaviour is after about 1 minute it will report new movement. What am I doing wrong?

For the "Sensitivity motion", the page indicate a value of 0 to 2 is required. I'm assuming 0 is the most sensitive and 2 the least. Is that correct?

For the "Correction temperature value", what is the range, single digit or with a decimal, and can we input a negative value?

And finally, how to make sure these values reach the device?

The motion delay is is seconds, not minutes, so if you want 5 minutes delays, it should be 300 seconds. But I have had issue with false triggering when it was set high, never really could point it out, but this could be some bug in deCONZ there. I have worked around it by putting these timings in the event by adding a condition (cannot be a trigger anymore) "has been Motion/NoMotion for at least" to the events. That did not yet dissapoint me

The sensitivity depends on the type of motion sensor. In the case of Hue 2 is high sensitivity and 0 is low (I know, it is confusing!)
    Here is what the deCONZ documentation says:
    sensitivity Number Device specific sensitivity, with following supported values.

Philips Hue motion sensor:
    • 0 = low
    • 1 = medium
    • 2 = high

Xiaomi vibration sensor:
    • 21 = low
    • 11 = medium
    • 1 = high

Once you have set the value, you should see the change in the JSON on the same page after a refresh. It could take some time before it reports the change as the device needs to wake up (motion, temperature change, lightlevel change or a report is send). After the wake up, the new value is accepted. deCONZ takes care the correction is saved when the wake up happens. No worries on your side for that

The correction temperature is using the local decimal setting, in your case the dot I believe? And indeed you can give negative numbers.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      The motion delay is is seconds, not minutes, so if you want 5 minutes delays, it should be 300 seconds. But I have had issue with false triggering when it was set high, never really could point it out, but this could be some bug in deCONZ there. I have worked around it by putting these timings in the event by adding a condition (cannot be a trigger anymore) "has been Motion/NoMotion for at least" to the events. That did not yet dissapoint me
      Seconds, ok, got it. 1 order of magnitude, no wonder it didn't work as expected.

What range of values did you have issues with? If it's way more than 300, I probably won't need extra conditions.

I didn't see that "has been Motion/NoMotion for at least". Options I have are:

Views:	288
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1477407

Comment

You should select the nomotion there. On the bottom you can set the time...

Name:	2021-05-31 21_41_05-Event en nog 2 andere pagina's - Persoonlijk - Microsoft​ Edge.png
Views:	279
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	1477412
        Once you save this, you will see the text I mentioned "has been Motion/NoMotion for at least 9 minutes"
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Good morning. I know this is an old threat. I download the JowiHue plugin, but can't seem to figure out how to get my Philips Hue motion sensors to work with it. I'm attempting to set an event up for my Powder room right now before getting it set on my other rooms. I'm new to Homeseer so this is a new adventure to me. I'm looking to have the lights turn on when I enter the room and turn off after so much time of inactivity. Simple I know, but just can't figure it out. Thanks.

BTW. I'm using HS4

Comment

Do the below samples help you? First, when the sensor detects motion and the light is off:

Name:	image.png
Views:	104
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1641964

Then, when there is no motion during a set time and the light is on:

​​

Views:	118
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1641963

Note the duration mentioned for the no motion state of the sensor. The plugin will refresh the state of the sensor when new motion is sensed, so this condition should be set to a realistic time. For example, we do watch TV in the living room, and motion sensors might not notice any movement during a longer period while watchin tv. For that, I have set the no motion time to 20 minutes. But hallways can to with 2 minutes.. it is a matter of experimenting to what is acceptable.

And - in the above example fo the living room - you can of course check if the TV is on or off before switching lights off

Hope this clears things up?

Thanks,

Wim​
            -- Wim

Comment

I'll give that a shot. Do i choose the "regular" sensor or the sensor that shows in JowiHue?

Thanks

Comment

I am not sure what you mean with the regular sensor vs the JowiHue sensor? You need to select the motion feature of the homeseer device, if that is what you mean?
                -- Wim

Comment

So far no luck. Any chance of getting the full event to see if the full event list. Really a total newbie. I have gotten certain light in my house to turn on at sunset and off at sunrise, but this one's got me a bit stumped. Thanks for you patience

Comment

This is all details of each step expanded for the motion event itself. Does this show you what you needed?

Views:	98
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1642132

-- Wim

Comment

And this is for the off event:

Views:	103
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1642134
                      -- Wim

Comment

Thanks. I swear I'm missing something... Just can't get this to work... Will keep trying

After I set this up, I turn off the motion sensor activity I have setup in the Hue app and get no event activity through HS4

Comment

What is the type of motion sensor you are using? And if you look at the device list of homeseer, do you see the device change if it changes status? Does it change from motion to no motion? Does the time and date on the device change when tgiggered?
                          -- Wim

Comment

On bridge Hue Bridge
                            001788FFFE4D574F
                            ID 8
                            Sensor manufacturer Signify Netherlands B.V. Sensor model SML001
                            Sensor Type ZLLPresence Sensor Unique ID 00:17:88:01:02:12:63:fc-02-0406

Does not change to motion in device list.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

I have around 8 of these motion sensors in the house, most are connected to my Raspbee, but I have two connected to my Philips Hue bridge. They are working nicely.

Just to be sure, which version of the plugin are you running at the moment? Make sure you are running the last version as the Philips Hue bridges are being updated to a new API and the plugin is following the developments there.

If you are up to date with the bridge asn plugin and updates are still not coming, could you send me a verbose trace? You can create this trace with the following steps:
                              1. Enable verbose tracing and log to file option in the settings of the plugin
                              2. Stop the plugin and start it again, so I can see the initialisation of the plugin
                              3. Let the plugin run for a while, make sure to trip the motion a few times
                              4. Disable the verbose tracing and the log to file options
                              5. You will find JowiHue.log in the Logs subdirectory of the HS4 installation
                              6. Send this file to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?
                              Thanks,

Wim

-- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X