Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with the HS4 PI regarding time to connect to bridge, after HS4 startup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with the HS4 PI regarding time to connect to bridge, after HS4 startup?

I am using the HS3 version of the plugin with HS4 on Windows 10. I am finding that after restart of HS4, it takes 10 to 15 minutes for the plugin to connect to the bridge. Is the HS4 plugin faster? Thanks.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I checked the last time I restarted HS4. The JowiHue plugin was called about two minutes after startup. I have two deCONZ bridges and they were both connected within15 seconds after that.

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
      I checked the last time I restarted HS4. The JowiHue plugin was called about two minutes after startup. I have two deCONZ bridges and they were both connected within15 seconds after that.
      Thanks. Good to know.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Richel,

Both plugins should take more or less the same time to start, although the HS4 version will be a bit faster because of the way HS4 starts the newer plugins. But if starting the HS3 plugin takes 10 to 15 minutes then that sounds bad, unless you have a really large number of JowiHue devices. Would you have a log of the start of the plugin for me?

For te log, set the detailed logging and log to file options in the plugin and stop and start the plugin. Once the plugin is fully started disable the trace options and send the \Logs\JowiHue.log to me (jowihue at ziggo dot nl)? Maybe I can find a reason for the slowness here?

Of course I need to know a bit more on the environment you are running on too?

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Richel,

Both plugins should take more or less the same time to start, although the HS4 version will be a bit faster because of the way HS4 starts the newer plugins. But if starting the HS3 plugin takes 10 to 15 minutes then that sounds bad, unless you have a really large number of JowiHue devices. Would you have a log of the start of the plugin for me?

For te log, set the detailed logging and log to file options in the plugin and stop and start the plugin. Once the plugin is fully started disable the trace options and send the \Logs\JowiHue.log to me (jowihue at ziggo dot nl)? Maybe I can find a reason for the slowness here?

Of course I need to know a bit more on the environment you are running on too?

Thanks,

Wim
          Wim: Thanks. I'll work on getting data for you. Elliott

Comment

Working...
          X