Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost control of Ikea Blinds and issues with Hue motion sensors

Hi Wim,

Besides the issues mentioned in these posts for which I'm expecting answers:yesterday, I lost control on 5 of the 8 blinds from within HS. I can control all blinds from deCONZ. Most of the devices feature now show the black gear icon, even for the blinds still working. A restart of the plugin and deCONZ doesn't restore functionality. I've checked the devices Jowihue tabs, all looking good. HS log shows commands being sent to deCONZ.

Any idea what's happening?

I'm not keen to delete the devices from HS as I now have many events driving the blinds, albeit most are broken now. 😒

Also, for about a week or so, I began having issues with Hue motion sensors. They control lights in about half a dozen areas but sometimes they either fail to turn on or off the lights. Some of those lights are ZWave, some are on a Phillips Hue Bridge and a couple are on deCONZ. I haven't been able to pinpoint specifics when it occurs.

I have 25 nodes on deCONZ, 5 on the Philips bridge. I'm on the impression both can support a lot more devices. Am I wrong on this?

Thanks,

Guy

Don't delete any devices from HS. If devices get deleted in deCONZ and are readded, the plugin wil reuse the existing devices. Use the process I mentioned in the other thread - do not delete anything, not in deCONZ nor HS, but do a scan for new devices in the bridge maintenance page and take out the battery and wait for a bit before reinserting... That should help rerecognize the curtain for deCONZ.

The philips hue bridges should support 60 or so devices fine, deCONZ should support up to 200 devices

To try to check deeper, it might help to get a verbose logging so I can check if maybe some other errors occur that hinders a good functioning of the plugin?
    Create the log following these steps:
    1. set verbose logging and log to file in the settings of the plugin
    2. stop and start the plugin
    3. Once the plugin is started, control a curtain that works and control a curtain that does not work (make sure I know what their name is to make searching a bit easier)
    4. Trigger some of the motion sensors (when it fails to trigger your lights, is the status on the device correct or does it not get updatd?)
    5. Disable the verbose logging and log to file options
    6. Send the file \Logs\JowiHue.log to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?
    Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Don't delete any devices from HS. If devices get deleted in deCONZ and are readded, the plugin wil reuse the existing devices. Use the process I mentioned in the other thread - do not delete anything, not in deCONZ nor HS, but do a scan for new devices in the bridge maintenance page and take out the battery and wait for a bit before reinserting... That should help rerecognize the curtain for deCONZ.
      That worked. Thanks Wim.

à
      The philips hue bridges should support 60 or so devices fine, deCONZ should support up to 200 devices
      That corresponds to what I expected. I'm still well within these maximums so that shouldn't be the issue.

à
      To try to check deeper, it might help to get a verbose logging so I can check if maybe some other errors occur that hinders a good functioning of the plugin?
      Create the log following these steps:
      1. set verbose logging and log to file in the settings of the plugin
      2. stop and start the plugin
      3. Once the plugin is started, control a curtain that works and control a curtain that does not work (make sure I know what their name is to make searching a bit easier)
      4. Trigger some of the motion sensors (when it fails to trigger your lights, is the status on the device correct or does it not get updatd?)
      5. Disable the verbose logging and log to file options
      6. Send the file \Logs\JowiHue.log to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?
      Thanks,
      While the battery removal and rescan worked to restore control, I did gather and sent the log because of the non working stop button. So you've got mail. 🤣

My feeling of all this being flaky is still there though, and I'm concerned about that.

Comment

Working...
      X