Setting light to On goes to Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting light to On goes to Last

I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or if there is an issue. On the Ledvance lights I have a have several events. One event sets the lights on ON. Another event sets them to DIM 50%. The on event runs just before sunset and the dim at 10pm. Then I have an off that runs later.

My issue is that the lights come on, but not to ON (100%) but instead at the last setting. I thought I was crazy so the other evening after the dim to 50% event ran, I went in and set one of lights to 75%. The lights turned off by the event that night and then last night when they came on, sure enough, the one light as at 70% and not at 100%, which I expected with ON.

I looked at my events again to make sure I did nothing wrong on the ON. I call each light instead of the group.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LRsetOn.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1481435

In the Dim event, I do use the group to dim the lights to 50%. If the dim were the issue, I would switch it to call the individual lights.

Name:	LRset50P.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1481436

w.vuyk - does this have to do with the Ledvance lights that you are fixing somehow? Instead of ON, do I need to set to 99%? This is only the Ledvance lights. The Orsam /Cree ones work without issue.
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

You do not need the event setting devices to on. This will set the light to the last known level for certain brands of lights. Each brand can respond different to this and is unreliable because of that.
    If you do not want this diffence to happen, the easiest - and reliable - way would be using the JowiHue actions instead of device actions. To set a light full on, just set the action to bright 100%. Another advantage of using the JowiHue actions is that if you ever need to delete the devices, the event will still work if devices are recreated with different id's.

A sample of an event with JowiHue actions:

Name:	2021-06-27 20_35_11-Event en nog 1 andere pagina - Persoonlijk - Microsoft​ Edge.png
Views:	108
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	1481446
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks. I tried that when I first setup my event and I get an error. I selected the light and typed in 100 for the BRI. Then I get the following error.

Name:	EventError3.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1481454

Name:	eventError.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1481455
      So that is why I moved to the light devices directly.

HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Yuch, I was hoping I was the only one noticing this. The latest HS version HS 4.1.17.0 has some changes in event actions that causes this error to happen. I have this solved here already. Will try to publish the plugin tomorrow then, but need to finish some more testing. With the new version will solve this issue. When you select a preset, you wil see the same error...

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X