Weird issue with bridge setting up on different IP network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird issue with bridge setting up on different IP network

After going through issues with my Sonos with dcorsus in the Sonos forum, we had discovered that HS had moved to a Virtual Network on my system that I wasn't aware of. Something seemed to have enabled the Hyper-V Network Adaptor and HS seemed to go onto that network. I had noticed that the Conbee bridge had an IP of 192.168.X.X but when I would open the Phoscon App it would show a 172.x.x IP in the URL. This is how we discovered that HS was actually doing the same thing. So I set HS to Bind to my HS server IP of 192.168.1.15 and closed down both HS and Deconz. I then restarted HS and then Deconz. HS seems to be correct now with an IP of 192.168.1.15 but Deconz still has the IP 172.x.x. Is this normal or should I do something to correct this? See below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Netowrk5.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1487572

pcgirl65 It has been recommended by the dev to always start deCONZ first and after it is open to open HS. This was most important in HS3 but is still recommended in HS4. As far as the IP addresses I am not the one to answer this, just wanted to bring up the order of opening each software.

Comment

Judging by issues raised in the Sonos thread, if you don’t want or need the Hyper-v role, I would remove the feature. That will remove your virtual switch that may be at the root of the issue. I had similar problems a year or so ago when one of the Microsoft updates enabled the Hyper-v role on my HS server.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think this did start from a microsoft update after looking at the logs.

Comment

I have had a similar thing happening too a while ago. Just disabling Hyper-V did not work out fully. I also had to go into control panel/Network options and disable the virtual network cards on it to resolve it. This was on my testing machine though and really a long time ago, so don't remember all the details I did.
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

It's probably a service running which I would stop and disable. Similar maybe to the old Windows Home group stuff from a few years back.

Googling found:

Should I disable Hyper-V services Windows 10?
            Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed', that means Hyper-V is enabled on the system. Removing the Hyper-V feature should be enough but if Secure Boot is enabled, you'll be prevented from removing Hyper-V because some Windows security features depend on virtualization. July 8, 2019

Noticed a couple of days ago that my dual booting Windows 10 / Ubuntu computers will not update to Windows 11 preview because I do not have secure boot running.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X