Raspbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspbee

I have had my Raspbee for a while for the RPI 3b and never bother purchasing anything Zigbee.

I recently decided to try a few Zigbee sensors. I downloaded and paid for the HS4 plug in and found the bridge and added it. Added a sensor and the Phoscon app picks up the sensor but I don't see it in HS anywhere. I have some issues there to figure out.

I am wondering if I should just purchase a Raspbee II at this point? What does that get me? Will the Raspbee (premium I think) work ok will all of todays hardware?

I am running version 2.05.23 of the Gateway....
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Read all about them here : https://phoscon.de/en/raspbee

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      Read all about them here : https://phoscon.de/en/raspbee

Eman.
      That is what I have- and it is currently working well with the new HS4 plug in. My question is is upgrading to the Raspbee II worth it?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I have three RaspBees, two in production at two locations, one test. I bought a RaspBee II but it is still in the box. There are still some problems reported with it (and the ConBee II). associated with firmware. My RaspBees work just fine. The RaspBee II has a real time clock, but all my gateways are connected to a network and get their time there.

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
          I have had my Raspbee for a while for the RPI 3b and never bother purchasing anything Zigbee.

I recently decided to try a few Zigbee sensors. I downloaded and paid for the HS4 plug in and found the bridge and added it. Added a sensor and the Phoscon app picks up the sensor but I don't see it in HS anywhere. I have some issues there to figure out.

I am wondering if I should just purchase a Raspbee II at this point? What does that get me? Will the Raspbee (premium I think) work ok will all of todays hardware?

I am running version 2.05.23 of the Gateway....
          wpiman

First of all, update deCONZ to a more current version. The current stable is 2.11.5. The current beta is 2.12.3 - but I think it is better to start with the current stable version.
          Be sure to check if the firmware needs to be updated after you installed the current version, I expect it will need updating. Make sure to do this, you can check for it in Phoscon (gateway details), you can initiate the update of firmware there as well or the update will start automatically after a restart of deCONZ.

I guess this to be the reason the switches are not yet showing up in HS.

The difference (functionally) between the Raspbee and the Raspbee II is not much, a bit in speed, but I have still a RaspBee here running with around 50 devices and response is stil instant. No need really to install the Raspbee II for me here still. Dresden Electronics has stated in the past there will not be any functionality missing if you stay on the raspbee.
          The main difference is the chip, the availability of the chip used in the raspbee was low, where the new chip is better available.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

wpiman

First of all, update deCONZ to a more current version. The current stable is 2.11.5. The current beta is 2.12.3 - but I think it is better to start with the current stable version.
            Be sure to check if the firmware needs to be updated after you installed the current version, I expect it will need updating. Make sure to do this, you can check for it in Phoscon (gateway details), you can initiate the update of firmware there as well or the update will start automatically after a restart of deCONZ.

I guess this to be the reason the switches are not yet showing up in HS.

The difference (functionally) between the Raspbee and the Raspbee II is not much, a bit in speed, but I have still a RaspBee here running with around 50 devices and response is stil instant. No need really to install the Raspbee II for me here still. Dresden Electronics has stated in the past there will not be any functionality missing if you stay on the raspbee.
            The main difference is the chip, the availability of the chip used in the raspbee was low, where the new chip is better available.

Wim
            Thanks.

I updated the DeCONz and Raspbee yesterday and the plugin in was been working great for 24 hours or so.

2.12.03 / 7/12/2021 Firmware. 26390500

I'll stick with the Raspbee I have. Seems no point in upgrading.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
            X