Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikea Blinds control loss

Hi Wim,

This is not the 1st time. Had it a few months ago around August. Worked fine since then until a couple of days ago. Happened twice, 1st time, 3 out of 8 went offline from HS. The next day a 4th one.

Checked in deConz, all fine, I could control them. So I applied the trick you suggested last time, taking the blind battery out, and do a rescan of devices from the plugin while putting the battery back in. That worked, again, restoring blinds control to HS.

Oddly enough, the 4 remaining blinds didn't experience the issue. May be I'll get it in a day or 2.

This gets me uncomfortable somewhat.

Why would HS and the plugin loose control on some devices while deCONZ doesn't? And what would you suggest to fix this?

Regards,

Guy

Guy,

I know the confusion. But between deCONZ and the plugin there is the RESP-API plugin on top of deCONZ. I am sure the culprit is in the REST API plugin as it just fails to send the updates on the blinds to the plugin. The devs on github seem not to be able to find this gap in the REST-API so far. They got reported this from several users already, but for them the challenge is to get a trace where this reporting stops. This is difficult to catch as there is no way to force this to happen.

For my curtain the same, back in July I mailed you on my curtain going silent all of the sudden. But since then it has been functioning fine. Thought once it had given up, but that was the battery empty after all

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
    X