Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bad" JowiHue events marked by HS4 4.2.8.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Bad" JowiHue events marked by HS4 4.2.8.

I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.2.8 and now some of my JowiHue events are marked as bad even though they're operating normally. The only difference I can find between a bad event and a good event is the bad ones are 0-255 for brightness while the good ones are 0-100 for brightness. Do I need to delete/recreate these older events to get the 0-100 and see if it goes away? I'd rather not go through all that for a bunch of events if I can avoid it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	badgoodjowihue.png
Views:	198
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1497558

I'm not answering for Wim, but HS 4.2.0.8 is beta software and if one looks around the forums one can see it has broken many things, plugins and events.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
      I'm not answering for Wim, but HS 4.2.0.8 is beta software and if one looks around the forums one can see it has broken many things, plugins and events.
      Yes, and Wim often participates in the beta releases so I figured a heads up would be useful. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The "old" HS3 events are internally converted by JowiHue once it is passing for triggering from HS. It is then converting the "old" 255 values to 100% and using this to set the devices. The problem is (I reported this almost two years ago already for HS4) that saving the converted event is never saved by HS processes. So the events are still showing the 255 values. No worries needed, the plugin reports these as invalid values (which it should) but when triggered corrects it.

Check Converting triggers does not remove legacydata · Issue #68 · HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK (github.com) for the report. I do hope someday this will get resolved. For now, you can just skip these events and adjust them when ever you have to update it, all will be working fine
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          The "old" HS3 events are internally converted by JowiHue once it is passing for triggering from HS. It is then converting the "old" 255 values to 100% and using this to set the devices. The problem is (I reported this almost two years ago already for HS4) that saving the converted event is never saved by HS processes. So the events are still showing the 255 values. No worries needed, the plugin reports these as invalid values (which it should) but when triggered corrects it.

Check Converting triggers does not remove legacydata · Issue #68 · HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK (github.com) for the report. I do hope someday this will get resolved. For now, you can just skip these events and adjust them when ever you have to update it, all will be working fine
          Thanks, Wim. Would it be useful if I opened a support case with HS to bump awareness again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You could, while pointing to the github issue. I tried to add a wakeup call there just now, so maybe a joined attempt will pull some attention?
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

The "old" HS3 events are internally converted by JowiHue once it is passing for triggering from HS. It is then converting the "old" 255 values to 100% and using this to set the devices.
              I went back this morning and took another look at what events are still using 0-255. It looks like some, not all, of the events reported as bad by HS are events I have even triggered today yet they are still 0-255 rather than converting to 0-100.

Comment

They are still showing as 255, because the converted event is functioning, but not saved. The old event is still showing... it is confusing I know!
                -- Wim

Comment

Ticket opened let us see what happens.

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...al/2/HSCS-9839

Comment

I had to update the plugin as it was causing a slow buildup of the events page with HS 4.2.5. Maybe you can try with the latest version of the plugin as this one is trying to force a save of the event now?
                    -- Wim

Comment

Now those events (good or bad) seem to not even fire. I'm on HS4 4.2.5 and plugin 4.0.5.5. I have to pick up the kiddo from daycare soon so I may not be able to troubleshoot much today. Will see if I can figure out why they aren't triggering.

Comment

If I manually run a good and a "bad" event from the events page they do perform what they are supposed to. I need to figure out why triggering at the switch is no longer working which may be unrelated to the plugin.

"Good" event.

Event Manage Lighting - Hue Overrides Hue Override - Master Ceiling Light triggered by the events page 'Run' button.
                        Event Trigger "Manage Lighting - Hue Overrides Hue Override - Master Ceiling Light"

"Bad" event. (After the event completes it is still the old '255' value so I guess the conversion is still busted.)

Event Manage Lighting - Hue Overrides Hue Override - Master Bench Light triggered by the events page 'Run' button.

Event Trigger "Manage Lighting - Hue Overrides Hue Override - Master Bench Light"

Event Manage Lighting - Hue Overrides Hue Override - Master Bench Light, Action of JowiHue actions could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete.

Comment

Maybe an image of the bad event (details) will help me understand what might be happening here?
                          -- Wim

Comment

I had to update the plugin as it was causing a slow buildup of the events page with HS 4.2.5. Maybe you can try with the latest version of the plugin as this one is trying to force a save of the event now?
                            Thanks for the new version of the plugin Wim. The events page is refreshing perfectly now.

Comment

Jez Thanks for confirming
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X