Replacing battery in aqua sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing battery in aqua sensor

What is the procedure for this? The reason I ask is because I did this and now the device has become unreachable. Am I correct in assuming I need to delete and re-add the sensor much like a new device?

Thanks

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

You should not have to, if my memory serves me correctly:

1. Replace the battery.
    2. Bring the sensor back to the area where it normally exists.
    3. Press the button on the sensor (normally used for reset, inclusion, etc) momentarily, do not hold it. The blue light (it will flash) on the sensor should indicate it's woken up and sent a packet.
    4. Give it some time and there should be a valid route in deconz displayed (should be same as the previous route but could change).

Comment

Thanks for that!
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

If that doesn't works add it as a new sensor, it wil not add a new one but it wil work again.

Comment

Robert,

Indeed it should not stay unreachable after replacing a battery, it should report again, if no triggers are send normally this could take an hour as aqara sensors report only once an hour. But if this happens there is a sequence to bring the device back to life, without deleting any devices, not in deCONZ and not in HS.

Start a scan for devices in the bridge maintenance page of the plugin. Then - within the two minutes of scanning for devices, reset the device. For aqara's press the small button for 4 secondes or so until the blue light on the device flickers a bit. Make sure to do this on the spot where the sensor is used, so its communication is optimized for the location of use.
          Then deCONZ should start refreshing the device information again. To help this process, try to make the device trigger regular after resetting it (cause motion/vibration/rais temperature, whatever its function is). This should bring back the device and the plugin should also start updating the HS devices again.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks everyone. When I installed the battery, I did so incorrectly and I bent the small copper contact (negative I believe) which goes on the side of the battery. I messed with it and ended up deleting and re-adding. I just had to change the ID in both my pushover and email event script. All is good now. I'm better equipped for the next time. 😀

Thanks again...

Comment

I knew something was missing in the instructions...
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Can someone please provide me a link to buy the sensor?
                Thanks!

Comment

There is a challenge to this... I think langenet is mentioning an aqara sensor instead of an aqua sensor here. Maybe Robert can confirm?
                  -- Wim

Comment

Yes... sure am. Here's a link to this sensor.

Comment

Working...
                    X