[Solved] No Color Control Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] No Color Control Option

Hi, I'm finally getting around to migrating all of my smart home gadgets into Homeseer through JowiHue. I've been able to get my Hue Lights, Senglend Lights, and Aqara sensors all paired successfully through the Conbee2. However, I'm running into an issue in which when adding the devices into HS I have the ability to control brightness & on/off, but no color temperature or RGB control. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Thank you in advance!

Are all lights without CT or color control, or are this specific lights? As when a bulb supports color, the color features should be created as well.
    Which version of HS and plugin are you using? also the deCONZ version might be of influence here?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Here is a screenshot from what I am seeing. I'm on HS 4.2.0.0 and JowiHue version 4.0.4.10. deCONZ is 2.12.6Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 9.02.19 AM.png
Views:	94
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	1500279

Comment

Are the lights we are seeing here of a specific brand? Are there errors logged when you stop and start the plugin or HS?
        If one of these lights should support color, could you go to the properties of the device for this light and check the JowiHue tab? In the bottom of this tab you will find the JSON string as reported by deCONZ, could you copy this text and post this here, so I could have a look at it?

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 9.29.53 AM.png
Views:	85
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1500284

Comment

Here is what I'm seeing. All lights (with the exception of two) are colored lights. A combination of Phillips hue and Senglend Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 9.30.46 AM.png
Views:	98
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1500286

Comment

Originally posted by lenomat View Post
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 9.29.53 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	1500284
              There is definitely something wrong here..... I don't know which light you have selected here, the same ledstrip? When you check the HS log when you open this page, do you see errors being logged? Or if you stop and start the plugin, are there errors in the HS log?
              -- Wim

Comment

Could be unrelated but HS4.2.0.0 was very buggy when it comes to displaying HS devices. Perhaps an update to 4.2.4.0 may be one course of action?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...0-is-available
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Could be unrelated but HS4.2.0.0 was very buggy when it comes to displaying HS devices. Perhaps an update to 4.2.4.0 may be one course of action?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...0-is-available
                  This appears to have fixed the issue! I uninstalled all plugins, updated HS to the new beta, and then reinstalled everything and it appears to be working! Thank you, Wim & Jon! I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

lenomat
                    Great to hear this worked out! I am surprised this is caused by the Hs 4.2. released. Did not use it, but went to the first beta and further after that. I hope others will also skip this surprise

jon00 Thanks for that suggestion.. I would not have guessed that one.... Great find!
                    -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                    X