File access errors with HS4 backups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File access errors with HS4 backups

During my nightly HS4 backups I get these warnings. I just want to confirm they can be skipped and the backups are going to restore my JowiHue is needed. Thanks, Mike

10/27/2021 3:00:04 AM
    HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-wal' because it is being used by another process.
    HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-shm' because it is being used by another process.
    HomeSeer
    Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db' because it is being used by another process.

Date/time=10/27/2021 5:48:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 (Windows)
    License=Registered
    Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
    In Virtual Machine=No MFG: shuttle inc.
    Antivirus=Windows Defender
    OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB - Work Station
    OS Version=10.0.14393
    Uptime=2 Days 22 Hours 13 Minutes 19 Seconds
    Lan IP=10.0.1.5 (HomeTrollerS)
    Device Count=707
    Event Count=71
    Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 92 Stepping 9 at 1.86 GHz
    Modules/Threads=127 Modules, 75 Threads
    Available Threads=1023
    System Load=70 Processes, 5% Load
    Free/Total Memory=5.99 GBytes / 7.82 GBytes (77% free)
    Free/Total Virtual Memory=7.06 GBytes / 9.07 GBytes (78% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used=56 Mbytes
    Plugin Memory Used=4 EXE Plug-Ins using 53 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=EasyTrigger 3.0.0.74,Honeywell WiFi Thermostat 1.4.2.2,JowiHue 4.0.5.5,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0

Yes this error is logged because the plugin has an open database. The error is pointing to some "undocumented" feature that has been created in HS4 apparently. I have again searched the developer documentation without any results on this.

No worries, HS4 will continue with its backup and skip the open files. The plugin does take care of its own backups (check the \Data\JowiHue directory for this) which are correctly backed up by HS4. So you can always return to a working version if ever needed.
    My suggestion is to ignore the error.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
    X