Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device RGB values

Hi,
    I just installed a number of RGBW bulbs thinking I would be able to set and modify the RGB or color temperature value easily from the HS4 device page but the color defaults to #303030 rather than the actual RGB value. Hue and ERIA RGB bulbs behave the same way. Is this normal behavior or is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed? I am running HS4 Pro 4.2.6 with Jowihue 4.0.6.0

It is possible that the RGB value is slow in adjusting. Could you try changing the CT or Hue values and check if this updates the values (maybe with some delay)?
    Are you using a Philips Hue bridge or a deCONZ gateway (Conbee/Raspbee)?

I don't know the ERIA bulbs, are those really RGBW, or RGB bulbs? As the plugin should be able to work with those, but mostly RGBW lights are strips, not bulbs?
    Am I right those come from Aduro Smart?

And trust me, most bulbs do not work the same as Philips Hue lights, there are a lot of differences under the hood... So probably you are looking at one of these differences.

Let me know if the RGB value changes with changing the CT value and also with the Hue/Sat values. We can take it from there.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,
      I am using a deCONZ gateway (Raspbee). The RGB value does change with CT and Hue/Sat with the Hue and ERIA bulbs. After comparing the Hue and ERIA side by side last night I ordered Hue RGBW to replace all the ERIA bulbs. The Hue bulbs are twice the price of ERIA RGBW bulbs but much more consistent in behavior.

Comment

Ok, good to know. I have checked here once more with the plugin and found a descrepancy on the RGB value. It does update once the Hue values changes, but works delayed when the CT changes. This will be corrected in the next version of the plugin, so it wil than also update fast with a single CT change.

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

My use case ideally is initially entering a specific RGB value using the color button Hex field and ideally tweaking the color using the 2D color window.

Comment

That should work as you can enter the hex color in the 2D window. And when you like the setting and want to use it in events, go to the Creativity/Presets and take a snapshot of the light. This way you can use it as a preset for other lights as well
            -- Wim

Comment

When I click the color button the value for the device is always #303030. It does not appear to read the device value.

Comment

Indeed, I never checked on that. But that is not something I can control from the plugin as this is controlled by HS. It should eather read the value or the string. If you want this changed you need to appreach HST I suppose.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                X