No announcement yet.

Zigbee and DeConz Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The card is indeed complete, this is how I update my Linux install for my RaspBee as I am not much good in Linux myself. I consider this as the easiest way to get the PI running with deCONZ.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
      I'm not running on a Pi, but as the Phoscon support page indicates, these are ready to go images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	633
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1523218

Debian Buster is the Linux OS version, so you don't have to load a separate OS and deconz (the software that talks to the Zigbee transceiver, either Pi Hat or Conbee USB stick) is preinstalled with it. Just basically configure it for your network and you're good to go.
      Ok, sorry for my lack of understanding in this area. I kind of figured that the “Desktop” in the description might have meant that it had everything I needed in one file.

[mention]w.vuyk [/mention] I have no Linux experience so thank you for your patience with me. I’m really hoping this new motion sensor will solve my automation issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

No worries, and since it's a Linux OS with a desktop, it will feel more like Windows to you when doing certain things, like locating files and editing.

Comment

Ok! So I’ve managed to get the Raspberry Pi, RaspBee installed, setup and communicating with the JowiHue plugin! Not as easy as the Z-Net was but not too bad.

So I decided to add two Zigbee powered outlets at each end of the house first to make sure that my starting mesh is good. Both plugs have the On/Off controls and work as expected. I’ve added one Bosch RFDL-ZB-MS so far and it has only added three features (Motion, Temp, Lumen) and it didn’t add a battery feature….with z-wave I could just wake up and rescan the device to get missing features. How do I get the battery feature to add?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Plugin's:

Comment

During the walk test that I did with the motion sensor I was noticing the HS device changing state each time motion was detected. Since it has exited the walk test it hasn’t detected motion once. Any ideas what could be causing this issue? I know the motion sensor has a 3 minute sleep before it indicates motion again but it hasn’t detected any motion since it exited the walk test.

Plugin's:

Comment

What does the network map on Phoscon show for the sensor? Is there still a link to somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                What does the network map on Phoscon show for the sensor? Is there still a link to somewhere?
                Where do I find the network map? When I click on Devices>Sensors is this what you are looking for?

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	236
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1523954
                Plugin's:

Comment

My bad. It's the map shown when you open and expand the deConz main screen that shows all your devices in blocks. You can click LQI and Links that that will draw all the connections each device has and it's signal strength. Sorry, long day..

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                    Ok! So I’ve managed to get the Raspberry Pi, RaspBee installed, setup and communicating with the JowiHue plugin! Not as easy as the Z-Net was but not too bad.

So I decided to add two Zigbee powered outlets at each end of the house first to make sure that my starting mesh is good. Both plugs have the On/Off controls and work as expected. I’ve added one Bosch RFDL-ZB-MS so far and it has only added three features (Motion, Temp, Lumen) and it didn’t add a battery feature….with z-wave I could just wake up and rescan the device to get missing features. How do I get the battery feature to add?

Unlike Z-wave, not all the child features add right away, especially the battery feature. Seems to be a common phenomenon across different manufacturers. Just give it time, it will show up once the battery levels start reporting in. Unlike Z-wave, once again, data from devices isn't set via any parameters, Zigbee uses an efficiency model in that devices don't transmit unless there's a change in data. Battery levels report in at least once every 24 hours, even if they don't change level.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                      My bad. It's the map shown when you open and expand the deConz main screen that shows all your devices in blocks. You can click LQI and Links that that will draw all the connections each device has and it's signal strength. Sorry, long day..
                      Gotcha! This might be what you are looking for?

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	232
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1523968
                      Plugin's:

Comment

Yup, and the fact that the battery symbol is showing says it knows it's battery is good. Also for some reason, it's also listed and maybe filtered under the Device Type of Battery.

Look to see if you might not have Battery checked.
                        Battery Aqara Temperature Sensor - 1 00:15:8d:00:07:5a:64:35-B Battery

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Unlike Z-wave, not all the child features add right away, especially the battery feature. Seems to be a common phenomenon across different manufacturers. Just give it time, it will show up once the battery levels start reporting in. Unlike Z-wave, once again, data from devices isn't set via any parameters, Zigbee uses an efficiency model in that devices don't transmit unless there's a change in data. Battery levels report in at least once every 24 hours, even if they don't change level.
                          Ok, as you said it would, it has just added the battery device! Thank you!
                          Plugin's:

Comment

During the walk test that I did with the motion sensor I was noticing the HS device changing state each time motion was detected. Since it has exited the walk test it hasn’t detected motion once. Any ideas what could be causing this issue? I know the motion sensor has a 3 minute sleep before it indicates motion again but it hasn’t detected any motion since it exited the walk test.

How is the walk test running at this moment? If it still is not working, it is worth to try to check if a restart of the plugin wakes the motion sensor. I have tried to make sure all sensors are fully working after the first join, but you can never be sure I missed something

Wim
                            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Ok! So I’ve managed to get the Raspberry Pi, RaspBee installed, setup and communicating with the JowiHue plugin! Not as easy as the Z-Net was but not too bad....
                              I got an RPi set up with the deConz working and addressable from my Windows 11 web browser. However, I cannot get this new bridge found by JowiHue. It is on the same subnet and I put deConz in discoverable mode. Using the IP address for the RPi did not work. Is there a port issue that I need to work on? Thanks.

EDIT: So, JowiHue did discover the RPi with the ConBee. However, it replaced the ConBee bridge that I have on the same Windows computer running HS4 and nothing worked! Luckily, I closed down the RPi and now the original bridge is back as the bridge in JowiHue and working fine. I guess I won't try this approach again.
                              JowiHue 4.0.7.2
                              HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.12.10 (Windows)
                              Last edited by Richel; June 20, 2022, 05:22 PM. Reason: New information.
                              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                              X