Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee and DeConz Setup

Hello,
    I’ve just purchased a Conbee ll and waiting for it to arrive but I thought I would seek some help on the best way to set it up. Is it better to run DeConz on the Homeseer PC or is it possible to run it on a Pi? I’m thinking it might be best if I can place it next to my Z-Net that is in a different room than my HS PC. How do any of you have it setup?

If it is possible to plug the Conbee ll into a Pi, are there any instructions on how to install it on a Pi? Sorry for the noob questions, using a Pi will all be new to me.

If it does work on a Pi, which Rasberry Pi should I get?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Installation : https://www.phoscon.de/en/conbee2/install then add your devices in the Phoscon server then add to the plugin..

works great!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I installed it on my HS PC and it works great. The only thing I found is that HS has to be started first before you bring up deCONZ. As deCONZ grabs port 80 by default and HS complains that 80 is in use and can't use it's web server. I got around it by just adding the deCONZ startup in Startup Delayer and have it start 30 seconds after it launches Homeseer.

I haven't found any place where I can tell deCONZ to use another port. But if it's started after HS starts, it figures it out and will then use :8080 as the port so all is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
        I installed it on my HS PC and it works great. The only thing I found is that HS has to be started first before you bring up deCONZ. As deCONZ grabs port 80 by default and HS complains that 80 is in use and can't use it's web server. I got around it by just adding the deCONZ startup in Startup Delayer and have it start 30 seconds after it launches Homeseer.

I haven't found any place where I can tell deCONZ to use another port. But if it's started after HS starts, it figures it out and will then use :8080 as the port so all is fine.
        Someone posted some cool instruction here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...er#post1516609

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks, It's a linux install but I'll see if that config file exists on the Windows version.

Comment

Found it, it's in the Config.ini file in the /userxx/appdata/local/drezden-electronik/ directory.

[http]
            appcache=true
            port=80 <- Just changed it to 8080. HS is now happy!

Comment

Very top of the JowiHue forum, suggest you start reading here....

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ue#post1500739

Comment

Lots of stuff in that post, missed it. But I like fixing it at the base instead of remembering that I've set multiple overrides in the startup line.

Besides, what fun would it be if you didn't swear a little in your hobby???

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                  Lots of stuff in that post, missed it. But I like fixing it at the base instead of remembering that I've set multiple overrides in the startup line.

Besides, what fun would it be if you didn't swear a little in your hobby???
                  Was mentioned for the OP.

Comment

[mention]TC1 [/mention] [mention]George [/mention] [mention]Eman [/mention]
                    Thanks guys! Those links answered quite a few questions. For some reason I thought this plugin was only used for Phillip Hue devices.

I purchased the Conbee ll but I’m thinking I might want the Raspbee instead. Just didn’t want to invest in a Raspberry Pi until I see if I like these new motion sensors. Is it possible to move all of the devices that I add to a Conbee ll to a Raspbee? If I end up liking the sensors I may want to move everything to a more central location.

If you are using a Pi, which version Pi are you running it on? It looks like the Pi 4 is the newest version out but I assume that if this is the only thing I’m using it for that it may be a bit overkill, so have you had good luck with used Pi’s from eBay?

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                      [mention]TC1 [/mention] [mention]George [/mention] [mention]Eman [/mention]
                      Thanks guys! Those links answered quite a few questions. For some reason I thought this plugin was only used for Phillip Hue devices.

I purchased the Conbee ll but I’m thinking I might want the Raspbee instead. Just didn’t want to invest in a Raspberry Pi until I see if I like these new motion sensors. Is it possible to move all of the devices that I add to a Conbee ll to a Raspbee? If I end up liking the sensors I may want to move everything to a more central location.

If you are using a Pi, which version Pi are you running it on? It looks like the Pi 4 is the newest version out but I assume that if this is the only thing I’m using it for that it may be a bit overkill, so have you had good luck with used Pi’s from eBay?

Might be an easy way to go....

https://phoscon.de/en/raspbee2/sdcard

In terms of moving devices, Zigbee is just like Z-wave in that the controller/transceiver owns the network. You might be able to export the network from one hardware controller and import to another (I've never investigated this). Or you might be able to simply take the Conbee2 and plug it into the Pi's USB port, then simply change the IP address in the JowiHue settings to point to the new Pi on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

In terms of moving devices, Zigbee is just like Z-wave in that the controller/transceiver owns the network. You might be able to export the network from one hardware controller and import to another (I've never investigated this). Or you might be able to simply take the Conbee2 and plug it into the Pi's USB port, then simply change the IP address in the JowiHue settings to point to the new Pi on the network.
                        Ok.....just took a look at the link you posted. I think you're right, it would be much easier to just get the Raspbee2 and a Pi than to try and get everything transferred over later on. If you're going to do something, do it right. I canceled the Conbee and ordered up a Pi4 and Raspbee2! I like the fact that it already has DeConz pre-installed! So does this mean that I can just add the Raspbee to the Pi and power it up and it's ready to add devices?? That would be great but either way I'm ready to learn and dive in.

I have a lot of Z-Wave devices around the house and have developed a good mesh with it so I also purchased a couple of powered outlets to help mesh the network a little.

George I hope you'll still be here to help as well when I start swearing and trying to get all this stuff to work! Ha!

I really appreciate all the help with this as I'm learning something new.
                        Plugin's:

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm still here and now learning all the in's and out's of Zigbee. So I should be dangerous soon and I'll have pre-sweared for you!

I just installed the two new Sengled LED candelabra bulbs in out Family Room Table lamp and they work perfectly with the Jowihue plugin and deConz on W10! For just $20 for the pair, I couldn't pass them up and I had an order ready to go anyway with other stuff.

They are pretty neat, the lamp has two of them below the main light (unsupported Tuya Color, but going to buy a Zigbee color bulb. No way am I updating to HS4 as long as I can just spend a small $$ to bypass the grief). I was able to, of course, address them separately, but better yet I added to a End Table Candle Lights LightGroup in Phoscon and Zowihue picked them right up and I can control both at the same time!

Replaced two 25W fulfillment bulbs but these are 40W equivalent. Although I can set a level that mimics the 25W output. And they only take <4 watts each! Not that we have them on much at all, only for company over and entertaining (much less since Covid but we do have people over) but people notice those nice little accent lights without the main light on.

As for migration, from what I've read, and Wim might be able to confirm, all the smarts is inside the Conbee stick so you should be able to back it up on the Phoscon main app screen and just move it over to the new Pi. deConz should be able to read from it and hopefully setup the network as you had it. But I'd keep the old machine around as their could be some config files you might have to move over. Wim should be the definitive resource for that.

But so far my Conbee II stick has survived two network rebuilds and multiple disconnects/reconnects in relocating it for the best signal.

My new toy candle bulbs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092R8HZWC

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9267.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	1522694Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9268.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	1522695

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

I'm going to pickup an SD card today so I can get it flashed with everything I need when the Pi4 gets here and just have a couple of questions:

1) Does the Raspberry Pi4 (New/Unopened) already have the Raspberry Pi OS installed or do I need to install it on the SD card?
                            2) Which of the SD card images in your link would you suggest? Looks like there are three betas and one that is stable. Which version are you using?
                            3) If I install one of the RaspBee SD card images, will I need to install Raspberry Pi OS? Or do these RaspBee images have the OS and DeConz files that I need all in one file?

Thanks for any help on this.
                            Plugin's:

Comment

I'm not running on a Pi, but as the Phoscon support page indicates, these are ready to go images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	628
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1523218

Debian Buster is the Linux OS version, so you don't have to load a separate OS and deconz (the software that talks to the Zigbee transceiver, either Pi Hat or Conbee USB stick) is preinstalled with it. Just basically configure it for your network and you're good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X