No announcement yet.

Trouble adding a new Motion Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you need to try the steps I will describe below. But one word of advise here, if you add battery devices to deCONZ, add them while you are on the spot where you want to use them. Many battery driven devices, especially Aqara devices, choose a reachable router and tend to not change easily to another router. IKEA devices do not really have an issue, but Aqara and Tuya devices are unreachable if the router cannot be reached by them.

Try these steps:
    1. go to the Bridge Maintenance page and press the button scan for devices for the bridge you are using
    2. Then reset the motion sensor (on the spot where the device will be used!)
    3. Let deCONZ get the information it needs - eventually check the blinking dot on the deCONZ device to confirm data is read
    4. You can also check the lines in the deCONZ map, although not all battery devices might show a connection to see if things change
    Also if the Raspbee is near another device that can cause interference (zwave sender, WIFI router, microwave) consider to move it farther away from those devices?

I hope this will help things working?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      I think you need to try the steps I will describe below. But one word of advise here, if you add battery devices to deCONZ, add them while you are on the spot where you want to use them. Many battery driven devices, especially Aqara devices, choose a reachable router and tend to not change easily to another router. IKEA devices do not really have an issue, but Aqara and Tuya devices are unreachable if the router cannot be reached by them.

Try these steps:
      1. go to the Bridge Maintenance page and press the button scan for devices for the bridge you are using
      2. Then reset the motion sensor (on the spot where the device will be used!)
      3. Let deCONZ get the information it needs - eventually check the blinking dot on the deCONZ device to confirm data is read
      4. You can also check the lines in the deCONZ map, although not all battery devices might show a connection to see if things change
      Also if the Raspbee is near another device that can cause interference (zwave sender, WIFI router, microwave) consider to move it farther away from those devices?

I hope this will help things working?

Wim
      Hi Wim,
      I performed the above steps that you outlined, the motion feature has updated the time when I reset the device but it hasn't updated since. You can see from the below map of devices that it seems to have recognized its new neighbor correctly and the blue dot is blinking for the device in deCONZ. But the device hasn't updated since I pressed the reset button.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	116
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1533140

Name:	map.png
Views:	101
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1533141
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

What brand and type is this motion sensor?
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

What brand and type is this motion sensor?
          It's a Linkind PIR. I've linked it HERE.
          Plugin's:

Comment

Not sure but it could be that deCONZ did not correctly configure reporting on the device. There are few ways to test more here. The easiest one is restarting the plugin, I expect I have caught them all, but there have been times where the plugin would not start updating new devices before the plugin was restarted.

Next option, if it did not work, make sure to trigger the motion sensor. Then check the properties op the device in HS, the JowiHue tab. This is holding JSON information. Inside the information you will find time attributes. I expect the most important attribute will be "lasttimeseen". Is it at or around the time you triggered the motion sensor? Does it change after some time? Maybe post a copy of the JSON as I do not know the model here. Maybe it holds something I am missing.
            Is the "presence" attribute true or false?

Based on this we can check for the next step

-- Wim

Comment

Not sure but it could be that deCONZ did not correctly configure reporting on the device. There are few ways to test more here. The easiest one is restarting the plugin, I expect I have caught them all, but there have been times where the plugin would not start updating new devices before the plugin was restarted.

Next option, if it did not work, make sure to trigger the motion sensor. Then check the properties op the device in HS, the JowiHue tab. This is holding JSON information. Inside the information you will find time attributes. I expect the most important attribute will be "lasttimeseen". Is it at or around the time you triggered the motion sensor? Does it change after some time? Maybe post a copy of the JSON as I do not know the model here. Maybe it holds something I am missing.
              Is the "presence" attribute true or false?

Based on this we can check for the next step

Hi Wim,

I have been trying a few things to get this device to work. Something that I tried that seemed to work at first was to disable the plugin then reboot DeConz, when DeConz came back up I would enable the plugin. I all of a sudden started seeing that the motion feature would switch between motion/no motion a couple of times. However, after I unplugged a Zigbee outlet and plugged it in a couple of feet away, it stopped triggering. Since then I have only seen the battery feature for the device update regularly. Repeating the steps I just mentioned above does not seem to make a difference.

I have two more zigbee outlets (same brand as two others that have worked without issue) being delivered today in hopes that maybe it has to do with my mesh network...I don't think so as I have a zigbee temp/humidity sensor in our refrigerator that is the furthest away from any zigbee device/hub and it is working perfectly.

I have gone through your Next Option steps above, I waved my hand past the device at 3:13PM local time and then took a screenshot of the JowiHue tab for the device. (See below)

Name:	features.png
Views:	138
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1533329

Name:	device details.png
Views:	112
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1533330
              Plugin's:

Comment

The lastseen value looks like it has updated, but it is hard to guess if the motion sensor would reset itself. It would be good to check the JSON again after the motion sensor has seen no motion for some time (5 or 10 minutes) so we can see if the presence attribute goes to false again... because if this happens and the device in HS sticks to motion, it would proof that the plugin actually misses an update for this device?

Could you check on that? I would be surprised, but the fact that the lastseen attribute is updating suggests the presence should be updated as well.

Thanks,

Wim

-- Wim

Comment

I know this is an OLD thread but I was wondering if anyone was able to get the Linkind motion sensor (link) working with HomeSeer..

I can get homeSeer to see the device via Zigbee and I can add to an event.

I am a newbie to this so there is a possibility I might have configured something wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I am running HS4 on a Windows 10 machine

Comment

Originally posted by powermac867 View Post
                    I know this is an OLD thread but I was wondering if anyone was able to get the Linkind motion sensor (link) working with HomeSeer..

I can get homeSeer to see the device via Zigbee and I can add to an event.

I am a newbie to this so there is a possibility I might have configured something wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I am running HS4 on a Windows 10 machine
                    Which plugin are you using to communicate with your Zigbee devices?

Are you using the Homeseer4 Zigbee plugin? If so, then you need to post in that forum.

Or are you using the JowiHue plugin to communicate with your Zigbee devices?

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Which plugin are you using to communicate with your Zigbee devices?
                      • Homeseer4 Zigbee plugin, or
                      • JowiHue plugin?
                      TC1 I just got around to thinking about/implementing Zigbee devices (just purchased Nortek HUSBZB-1 Zigbee & Z-Wave Plus USB), Education time of dumb question(s) ... I understand that the JowiHue plugin workes with the Phillips Hue Hub which is primarily setup to interface and control 50 Hue lamps (Zigbee based), so which plugin is better suited for Zigbee devices? Can both be installed and work independently?
                      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                        TC1 I just got around to thinking about/implementing Zigbee devices (just purchased Nortek HUSBZB-1 Zigbee & Z-Wave Plus USB), Education time of dumb question(s) ... I understand that the JowiHue plugin workes with the Phillips Hue Hub which is primarily setup to interface and control 50 Hue lamps (Zigbee based), so which plugin is better suited for Zigbee devices? Can both be installed and work independently?
                        MNB,
                        The JowiHue plugin also has full support of deCONZ (ConBee2/RaspBee2) gateway, which supports a number of nodes around 200 devices if needed.
                        In my opinion the deCONZ gateway is one of the best it its game. Checkout https://www.phoscon.de/en/conbee2 and the user guide of the JowiHue plugin. Also https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...o-s-on-jowihue holds some extra information on deCONZ.

Wim ​
                        -- Wim

Comment

Wim, many thanxs for the information and links for my late-night reading.. Not sure what the attached file is?
                          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I hope it is gone now? I removed it I thought? Not seeing it myself... ignore that image hehe
                            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                            X