Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lutron Aurora not recognized.

Hi W.!

I'm using multiple Lutron Aurora rotary switches, but they are making the plugin display an error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-03-25_18-35-28.PNG
Views:	209
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1533676

Since it invites me to notify the plugin creator well, here it is 😁

Thanks in advance!

PP

I am guessing here you are using a Philips Hue bridge if I see the naming?
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

It is also in deCONZ it seems... wil take a while, but I will add it. Once added you need to send me the JSON that comes with it, I suppose no device is crated for it yet right?
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Ohhh sorry,

I forgot to mention, it is a Hue bridge and no device has been created yet for my Aurora switches.

Let me know If there’s any data that I can share to make it easier. Actually I’m in no rush, I just thought it may be nice to have them added at some point in future releases.

Cheers!

Comment

Just wanted to add that I, too, see these JowiHue warnings in the log with the 14 Lutron Auroras I have. I've not reported it before because I currently have no need for JowiHue to know about these switches. But it would be nice for the plugin to know about them so it doesn't keep throwing these warnings. And I can definitely see a use case for being able to trigger events from them.

Comment

teladog01 Are you also using a Hue bridge, or are you seeing this on deCONZ? As it would help if you see this on deCONZ
            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              teladog01 Are you also using a Hue bridge, or are you seeing this on deCONZ? As it would help if you see this on deCONZ
              I do have and use a RaspBee (and therefore deCONZ), but all my Auroras are using the Philips hue bridge (square, gen2).

Comment

Too bad... I really want to get my hand on the JSON from this device, even if only to kill the error logging fr now. I will check if I could catch the device and silence the errors...
                Or if one of you have postman to do a check on the json
                -- Wim

Comment

Or if one of you have postman to do a check on the json
                  Is this what you're needing?

Code:
                  {
                  "state": {
                  "rotaryevent": 2,
                  "expectedrotation": 144,
                  "expectedeventduration": 400,
                  "lastupdated": "2022-03-02T17:46:22"
                  },
                  "swupdate": {
                  "state": "noupdates",
                  "lastinstall": "2021-05-04T08:18:20"
                  },
                  "config": {
                  "on": true,
                  "battery": 100,
                  "reachable": true,
                  "pending": []
                  },
                  "name": "Loft Ceiling Aurora",
                  "type": "ZLLRelativeRotary",
                  "modelid": "Z3-1BRL",
                  "manufacturername": "Lutron",
                  "productname": "Lutron Aurora",
                  "diversityid": "2c3a75ff-55c4-4e4d-8c44-82d330b8eb9b",
                  "swversion": "3.8",
                  "uniqueid": "ff:ff:00:0f:e7:fe:2c:40-01-fc00-0014",
                  "capabilities": {
                  "certified": true,
                  "primary": true,
                  "inputs": [
                  {
                  "repeatintervals": [
                  ],
                  "events": [
                  {
                  "rotaryevent": 1,
                  "eventtype": "start"
                  },
                  {
                  "rotaryevent": 2,
                  "eventtype": "repeat"
                  }
                  ]
                  }
                  ]
                  }
                  }

Comment

That is exactly what I need! Wil work on it... cannot test it myself obviously, but I will try to create it so it will at least not throw an error anymore and will create a device, so you can test from there
                    -- Wim

Comment

While looking at this in more depth, the rotary trigger will be missed with the Hue bridge functionality as this will support either polling by the plugin, or if the Hue Api V2 is used, a even will trigger once per second, while the device sends 5 signals in the Hue bridge in that same second. While you might like the switch functionality, the rotary function will not do much on the Philips Hue bridge (not sure on deCONZ, it might just function fine with deCONZ).
                      -- Wim

Comment

teladog01

According to info I found on the device, the Lutron Aurora should have two entries in the json, it should also present an entry with ZLLSwitch as type. You can find it in the output by searching for "ff:ff:00:0f:e7:fe:2c:40" Could you check this for me please?

And if it does have this entry, it could also have created devices already for it maybe?

Thanks,

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

teladog01
                          And if it does have this entry, it could also have created devices already for it maybe?
                          Yep, here's the devices that were created, and the json on the JowiHue tab:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 3.00.50 AM.png
Views:	141
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1536068

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 2.58.58 AM.png
Views:	107
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1536069

Code:
                          [B]ZLLSwitch[/B]

**************************** Object info *****************************
                          {
                          "state": {
                          "buttonevent": 1002,
                          "lastupdated": "2022-03-02T18:39:29"
                          },
                          "swupdate": {
                          "state": "noupdates",
                          "lastinstall": "2021-05-04T08:18:20"
                          },
                          "config": {
                          "on": true,
                          "battery": 100,
                          "reachable": true,
                          "pending": []
                          },
                          "name": "Loft CeilingMain Aurora Scene",
                          "type": "ZLLSwitch",
                          "modelid": "Z3-1BRL",
                          "manufacturername": "Lutron",
                          "productname": "Lutron Aurora",
                          "diversityid": "2c3a75ff-55c4-4e4d-8c44-82d330b8eb9b",
                          "swversion": "3.8",
                          "uniqueid": "ff:ff:00:0f:e7:fe:2c:40-01-fc00",
                          "capabilities": {
                          "certified": true,
                          "primary": false,
                          "inputs": [
                          {
                          "repeatintervals": [
                          ],
                          "events": [
                          {
                          "buttonevent": 1000,
                          "eventtype": "initial_press"
                          },
                          {
                          "buttonevent": 1001,
                          "eventtype": "repeat"
                          },
                          {
                          "buttonevent": 1002,
                          "eventtype": "short_release"
                          },
                          {
                          "buttonevent": 1003,
                          "eventtype": "long_release"
                          }
                          ]
                          }
                          ]
                          }
                          }
                          ************************* End Object info ***************************

Comment

Ok, this is good. Half of the device exists. I hope to release a new version of the plugin soon now, with a first set of Philips Hue APIV2 in it. This should add the extra device for the Lutron Aurora as well. Not sure if the rotation device will add something you can use in events, but I guess we can step from there

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

I recently upgraded from HS3 to HS4. I didn't have JowiHue installed, so no migration needed. I then installed JowiHue version 4.0.7.6. I have 7 Lutron Aurora devices. The devices that were created in Homeseer don't have the names which I gave the Lutron Auroras in the Philips Hue app. Instead, the Homeseer devices that were created were named "Lutron Aurora X", where X is an even, ascending number. So, for example, a Lutron Aurora in my Philips Hue app is named "Home Theater Aurora", but the Homeseer JowiHue device was named "Lutron Aurora 16". Below is a screen shot of the Lutron Aurora devices that were created:

Name:	Lutron Aurora.png
Views:	144
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1565287

Comments/questions:

1. Version 4.0.7.6 of the plug-in isn't assigning the correct name. It looks like, from previous posts in this forum, that a previous version of the plug-in was naming the Lutron Auroras correctly (using the same names as what was assigned in the Philips Hue app). Below is the JowiHue Homeseer trace from two of the Lutron Aurora's when they were being added. Note that the plug-in knew what the correct names were, and then ran into "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and then the plug-in started calling the device "Lutron Aurora X" (X being an ascending, even number).

9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Enabling basic ClipAPIV2 on Manlius Hue
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Adding battery feature For Lutron Aurora 16 Switch
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info On Lutron Aurora 16 Using button values '1000|Button 1 initial press;1001|Button 1 repeat;1002|Button 1 short release;1003|Button 1 long release;1010|Button 1 long press'
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Adding feature For Lutron Aurora 16 (ZLLSwitch)
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Created device 1178 for Lutron Aurora 16
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Creating device for Lutron Aurora 16 of sensor type ZLLSwitch
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Creating device for Home Theater Aurora of sensor type ZLLRelativeRotary

9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Adding battery feature For Lutron Aurora 14 Switch
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info On Lutron Aurora 14 Using button values '1000|Button 1 initial press;1001|Button 1 repeat;1002|Button 1 short release;1003|Button 1 long release;1010|Button 1 long press'
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Adding feature For Lutron Aurora 14 (ZLLSwitch)
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Created device 1166 for Lutron Aurora 14
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Creating device for Lutron Aurora 14 of sensor type ZLLSwitch
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              9/3/2022 4:45:51 PM JowiHue Info Creating device for Great Room Accent Aurora of sensor type ZLLRelativeRotary

... same kind of log for my other 5 Lutron Aurora's...

2. How do I change the name of my Lutron Aurora devices to have the correct name? Theoretically, if I manually rename the devices in Homeseer to have the exact same name as what they are already named in the Philips Hue bridge, then there should be no change in the Philips Hue bridge, right? But if there's an issue/problem somewhere, I don't want the Lutron Aurora's to be named "Lutron Aurora X" in my Philips Hue bridge. Advice?

Comment

Working...
                              X