deConz - How to delete and rescan devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deConz - How to delete and rescan devices

I am running HS 4.2.8.0 on a Windows 10 PC with deConz.

I have multiple Hue lights (GU10 & A19 1100LM) which are running fine but I cannot get the latest batch of Hue A19 1100LM I purchased to work in Jowihue but they are functional using Phoscon. I checked in deConz the details of both the working A19 light bulbs and non working ones and both are the same model and appear to be identical.

When I add the lights in Jowihue they appear blacked out and I cannot control them nor can I delete them. Then if I delete them from Phoscon then they remain in the list with the new blacked out ones created from Phoscon. Here is the errors from the log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	deConz - Hue error log.GIF
Views:	672
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1534157

Name:	JowihueDeviceList.GIF
Views:	659
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1534158

I tried restarting Jowihue, the PC and uninstalling and re-installing Jowihue but the dead devices still shows and I cannot find a way to include the latest hue lightbulbs.

Is there a way to rebuild the device list without the risk of breaking the device id's\numerous events created? Any pointers to get the Hue bulbs recognized would be appreciated?

When you delete single devices, start with the ones in homeSeer (this removes them in Phoscon as well) then restart HomeSeer and rescan...

Removing the Bridge, will give you a good clean up and your devices will remain intact in Phoscon.

Note : You will have to edit the events with new value because the device IDs will have changed

Eman
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks Eman for the information.
      The Jowihue devices listed in blue are available and actionable within Homeseer and via the Jowihue plugin. The blackout ones are only visible within the Jowihue plugin under "Light info" and the recycle bin does not delete them and I get the following error in the log: Error while getting feature 0 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Given that the lights are not properly recognize within Jowihue I am trying to rescan them as sometimes I thought it could take a few tries before getting the proper device created. Currently my only way is to remove from Phoscon and then re-add via Jowihue and I get the same error message and the list of dead devices keeps growing!

I just spent the better part of the WE re-doing all my Zigbee events so I am trying to figure out what I can and cannot do to fix the issue without breaking the current setup/events.

Comment

Given that the different Phoscon, HS, Jowihue tests did not yield the expected result I decided to try within deConz. So I removed both hue nodes within deConz then proceeded by re-setting the 2 hue bulbs to factory defaults. Then rebooted deConz/Conbee2, I had to wait for a few minutes and then both lights showed up. I tried scanning them within jowihue for 10 min but to no avail then I looked into Phoscon and they were already automatically included. Restarted Jowihue and then all dead devices disappeared (great!) and the two new lights showed up but unfortunately still as blackout items. Here is the message I get: Click image for larger version

Name:	deConz and Hue.GIF
Views:	608
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1534209

Comment

OK so the dead devices is definitely not an issue anymore as now restarting Jowihue clears them all up. Just left with the error which is preventing me from adding the hue bulbs to Jowihue.

Comment

Note : Don't uninstall the plug-in from HomeSeer (maintenance is done by the plug-in) but do the steps below :

Go to the main plug-in settings and remove the Bridge opting to delete the devices, restart HomeSeer then after go to the plug-in add the Bridge again. (As if it were initial step) Scan for devices...
            • You will have edit to your events with the new settings (IDs will be changed by default)

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Platopus View Post
              OK so the dead devices is definitely not an issue anymore as now restarting Jowihue clears them all up. Just left with the error which is preventing me from adding the hue bulbs to Jowihue.
              Removing the devices from Phoscon first will cause the problems you are experiencing because HomeSeer is still expecting those devices.

Eman.

Comment

Understood it will create new blackout devices when I delete them either via deConz or Phoscon but it is the only way I could try re-adding the lights. Fortunately when I stop and restart Jowihue it clears up all lingering dead devices (blackout) except the ones which are active within deConz/Phoscon.

The issue I am trying to resolve is understanding why I was able to add 5 hue A19 1100LM without a problem and the remaining ones I am getting this error:

Name:	deConz and Hue.GIF
Views:	584
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1534225

Comment

Name:	Phoscon.png
Views:	581
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1534266

What firmware version do you have on the Bridge (Phoscon)?

Eman.

Comment

Name:	Phoscon version.GIF
Views:	584
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1534275

I will try installing version 2.14.1 tonight.

Comment

Platopus Sorry for being away for a few days. Please install the beta plugin 4.0.6.6 to solve this? There is a major issue in the version 4.0.6.5 and that is what you are seeing. I posted it in the sticky posts of this forum, but I guess you did not see it
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Just my luck that I would fall in the window of successfully installing a batch a week prior and having these issues with my latest attempt! I'll take this as a learning experience and next time (or if) I get another issue I'll start by looking at your sticky post.

I installed the beta release and the blackout devices have all been recognized and properly created. Still don't understand why some automatically created groups have a CT value control and others don't but that is for another day as I have a workaround.

Thank you again for your response as you just saved me from wasting a lot of time.

Richard

Comment

Good it is working now . I am a bit worried hearing you mention the CT devices. Working on a similar issue with another user
                          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim, I saw that you issued another update to address the CT issue so I installed it (version 4.0.6.8) and initially I still couldn't find the CT on group devices but after a few hours they all appeared and are working properly. Thanks.

Comment

I have two quite old Aqara motion sensors that just don't work like they should. I included two new ones no problem. However the old ones that I removed the batteries from are still in deCONZ, after deleting them from Homeseer. Upon restart they got created in HS again.

So I deleted in Phoscon

Now, I have a bunch of devices that are just sitting there without the usual connecting lines. Before I mess this up more, what would be the recommendation?

Comment

Working...
                              X