AM43 Tuya Zigbee Drive Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    If the device is known according to that, then you need to try the next steep. Often a Tuya device needs a second scan. Follow the steps to do this correct. I have to warn, do NOT delete and devices in deCONZ and HS, just follow the steps:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin as well as deCONZ (2.21.0)
    2. Start new scan of devices on the bridge maintenance page
    3. Reset the motor en check if the deCONZ map is showing the device with a blinking dot
    4. If the dot is blinking in the map, double click on it, so the details of found stuf is shown in a small menu on the device.
    5. Double click on the line showing "Basic
    6. On the left side the basic cluster window will be shown. Here click the read button
    7. The basic cluster details should now show the name and manufacturer stuff. If not, try to keep the device awake with a short press on the reset button
    8. While deCONZ is scanning you might see changes in HS if it discovers the blind device. Eventually restart the plugin to see if it adds the blind feature. Be aware it sometimes takes several tries to get this going on a Tuya device

Let me know if this helps you?

Wim
    Morning Wim, Many thanks for the above and yes, the device did eventually show up as a "Smart Switch" which I have renamed for ease of identification. The tab reports as below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1597245

Downstairs Office Roller Blind - 1

Feature configuration Roller Blind - 1 Open/Close

Details Roller Blind - 1 Open/Close
    On bridge Phoscon-GW
    00212EFFFF07B602
    ID 18
    Curtain manufacturer _TZE200_zah67ekd Curtain model TS0601
    Curtain Type Window covering device Curtain Unique ID b4:e3:f9:ff:fe:07:d2:c5-01

Configuration options Roller Blind - 1 Open/Close

maximum open
    maximum close

Feature Roller Blind - 1

Details Roller Blind - 1

On bridge Phoscon-GW
    00212EFFFF07B602
    ID 27
    Sensor manufacturer _TZE200_zah67ekd Sensor model TS0601
    Sensor Type ZHABattery Sensor Unique ID b4:e3:f9:ff:fe:07:d2:c5-01-ef00
    Reset Graphic values for all features belonging to devices

\>
    ZHABattery

**************************** Object info *****************************
    {
    "config": {
    "on": true,
    "reachable": true
    },
    "ep": 1,
    "etag": "8e5fbcee5b6aba12e2ec7d4b2093d00e",
    "lastannounced": "2023-03-08T21:46:50Z",
    "lastseen": "2023-03-09T05:51Z",
    "manufacturername": "_TZE200_zah67ekd",
    "modelid": "TS0601",
    "name": "Roller Blind - 1",
    "state": {
    "battery": null,
    "lastupdated": "none"
    },
    "type": "ZHABattery",
    "uniqueid": "b4:e3:f9:ff:fe:07:d2:c5-01-ef00"
    }
    ************************* End Object info ***************************

\>
    Window covering device

**************************** Object info *****************************
    {
    "capabilities": {
    "alerts": [
    "none",
    "select",
    "lselect"
    ]
    },
    "config": {
    "groups": [
    "0"
    ]
    },
    "etag": "c517bb353273b80d75de994dc84e1289",
    "hascolor": false,
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2023-03-09T05:52Z",
    "manufacturername": "_TZE200_zah67ekd",
    "modelid": "TS0601",
    "name": "Smart plug 18",
    "productid": "Tuya_COVD AM43-0.45-40",
    "state": {
    "alert": "none",
    "bri": 0,
    "lift": 0,
    "on": false,
    "open": true,
    "reachable": true
    },
    "swversion": null,
    "type": "Window covering device",
    "uniqueid": "b4:e3:f9:ff:fe:07:d2:c5-01"
    }
    ************************* End Object info ***************************

While I can see the controls, I do not see a battery nor will any of the controls actually work! So some progress here but not yet functional!

The device will work manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewcal View Post
      While I can see the controls, I do not see a battery nor will any of the controls actually work! So some progress here but not yet functional!

The device will work manually.

What does the Status/Graphics show?

Comment

Demusman - Many thanks for reply and suggestion which shows how much I need to learn about JowieHue etc! Have never looked at Status/Graphics in any detail before as things "worked". The screen shot is below. I see that under "control" both open and close are "off". Is it as simple as moving these to "On"?

Also, should the "slider" move as the blind ascends / descends? Thanks for bearing with the ignorant!

Views:	72
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1597272

Comment

Have learnt something today.... Have been into Status/Graphics and moved the two controls to "on" and have swapped their positions around as motor is on "opposite" side of blind. So far so good!! Thanks for pointing me in this direction - appreciated.

What I have so far failed to do is to change the "100% Closed" you see below to be "100% Open" as the blind is now in the open position! I also seem to have lost the window icon for this position yet it does appear in the status/graphics.

When I get this working I will worry about the battery %age and showing same!

Views:	74
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1597274
          Thanks again for all the help and education.

Comment

On the motor itself, hold both buttons for a few seconds and it will change direction. You may have to reset the distances so be aware of that.

Make the status/graphics look like this:

Name:	blind.png
Views:	74
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1597276

Comment

By the way, the battery doesn't work. Needs to be corrected in deconz.

Comment

You can also change the battery to this:

Name:	battery.png
Views:	64
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1597279

Again, it won't work yet but at least you'll be set if we can get it fixed

Comment

Demusman - Many thanks yet again for your help - I will try to replicate your screen shots. I had reset the directions on the motor so that the down button closed the blind - which was probably why I needed to swap things around in the Status/Graphics.

Comment

Have copied your suggestions to arrive at the following - many thanks - and will await deConz sorting out the battery. Is there anyway I can add my request to get it sorted?

Views:	67
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1597286

Comment

There's a Deconz forum and a github where you can make suggestions if you want to.

One other thing I did after the screenshot I posted was to rearrange the buttons you show.
                      Doesn't need to be done but I wanted the close button on the left side to correlate with the slider.
                      I have the buttons from the left as Close, Stop and then Open.
                      Something else you can learn if you want to rearrange them yourself.
                      I won't say how, but if you look I bet you'll figure it out.
                      I will say it's in the status/graphics page again.

Name:	blind.png
Views:	72
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1597296

Comment

Demusman - Many thanks again and, yes, I had managed to figure out how to rearrange the buttons and change their titles. I needed to do this for the motor that drives in reverse. Am pleased to say that I have managed to install a second motor with only two attemtps to get deConz to change from "Battery" to "smart switch" so must have learnt something! Will try making suggestions for battery to be recognised. meanwhile - thanks again.

Views:	69
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1597313

Comment

The issue with the battery seems to be that the value sticks at a null value, which suggests that the the value is not reported on a regular way.
                          Does the reported battery value update if you select the device in the deCONZ map, select the power configuration cluster and do a read there? If it does, probably the DDF needs to be updated to do the reporting for battery value.
                          The same goes for the lift value, if the slider does not get updated. It can be that the reporting for the device is not correctly configured yet in the DDF file

You can add a request for the update of the DDF on the github site for deCONZ Rest API, make sure to add all cluster images according to their template as they are strict on following the template.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            The issue with the battery seems to be that the value sticks at a null value, which suggests that the the value is not reported on a regular way.
                            Does the reported battery value update if you select the device in the deCONZ map, select the power configuration cluster and do a read there? If it does, probably the DDF needs to be updated to do the reporting for battery value.
                            The same goes for the lift value, if the slider does not get updated. It can be that the reporting for the device is not correctly configured yet in the DDF file

You can add a request for the update of the DDF on the github site for deCONZ Rest API, make sure to add all cluster images according to their template as they are strict on following the template.

Wim
                            w.vuyk Many thanks for input. I have selected the device in deConz and found the "power source" in the "Cluster Info" tab. Highlighting this and pressing read changes the value from "unknown" to "battery" - no numerical values are seen. I will see if I can supply the requisite information to the link you gave.
                            I now have the two roller blind motors working but this morning had to re pair the first one for some reason.
                            Thanks again for help.

Comment

Working...
                            X