I can't add a new group or sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't add a new group or sensor

I've updated to 4.0.6.9 but can't seem to add a new group. I'm not sure why. I've tried restarting the new plugin and doing a scan. The plugin is otherwise working well.
    Despite getting the following log entries the group is not listed in the Group info screen and the object in Homeseer is not being created...

13:59:30.2997523 -- (DeviceCreation.CreateNewDevice) Debug: CreateNewDevice:start creating group device for Outside lights ID=48
    13:59:29.5821690 -- (MyGroups.AddGroup) Group Added: Outside lights

Please advise where to go from here...

Strangely even adding a group through the Jowihue settings interface it does not appear. The logs would indicate it has worked though:

Add Group:New group Test added

Comment

I do need to ask this.... do you have any active filter on the device list?

As if the log says CreateNewDevice and no error is logged, the device is created. And a filter could hide the new device.....
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I get it. I also work in I.T. 😉 No there is no filter... Also I can't see the group that I add in the Bridge Maintenance "Group ino" section. Can't be filtered...

Comment

In the attachment you can see the Group listed in Phoscon. The group listing under info on group maintenance is sorted alphabetically. It's not listed there and it's not come up as a device in HomeSeer. I'm unsure where to proceed from here....
          Attached Files

Comment

Further information. I have 15 groups listed in Phoscon. I have just 12 groups listed in the Bridge info settings forJowiHiue. Though the plugin is reporting 20. As per this log entry:
            20 Groups available on bridge 'Phoscon-GW'

I am working on the assumption if I deleted something because the name has not been updated properly or the device is not working correctly for some other reason. Jowihue will automatically add the device back into HomeSeer upon restart. This should normally be correct?

As in this sensor also which I deleted because it wasn't updating. In spite of Jowihue telling me it was added the device is not present in HomeSeer.
            17:44:46.5107581 -- (MySensors.InitialSensors) Added Sensor ID 41 Shed Window Sensor Open/Close Of type ZHAOpenClose

Please advise how I can debug from here? I am a programmer and happy to assist debuging any way I can...

Comment

Phoscon tends to create groups for each switch and motion sensors. There is an setting in the plugin to hide those groups on the Miscelannious tab of the settings in the plugin. Is that enabled? As that does create a difference in the countings. Confusing, I know.

As for the sensor, if you go to the bridge maintenance page, does it show the new sensor in the list? And what happens if you click on the column with the name of the sensor?
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I have unselected the setting to hide groups and unfortunately no more groups appear. I have deleted the group and added it back in yet again. The Logs say the group is being added but no sign in HomeSeer or the plugin anywhere at all.

Strangely the Shed Window Sensor showed up after a delayed amount of time. This also happened to the last sensor. If this helps to troubleshoot, I believe I added them in Phoscon and then immediately renamed them. The sensors showed up in HomeSeer but with the old name. I then deleted the sensors and restarted the plugin to add the sensors in with the new name but they didn't show up. Then mysteriously after checking the next day the sensors both separately appeared.

Very confusing... I wish there was something I could do on my end to fix this...

Comment

I was finally able to copy the issue and discovered this was a very serious issue even. If you add groups/lights/sensors whil the plugin is inactive it would no longer create device, or only by luck. I am now working on a solution for this. The issue is probably the same when you use a Phililps Hue bridge...

Can I send you a beta to test later today?
                  -- Wim

Comment

Yes of course Wim. Thanks for staying on it. I'm happy to assist with testing...

Comment

Working...
                    X