Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add second deConz ConBee Bridge: JowiHue doesn’t add, replaces current ConBee bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add second deConz ConBee Bridge: JowiHue doesn’t add, replaces current ConBee bridge

I want to add a second deConz ConBee bridge to JowiHue. This would be my second deConz ConBee bridge, the first running on the Windows 10 computer that runs HS4. The second bridge is set up on an RPi. When I tried to add it as a new bridge, it was added as a replacement for my current bridge. This made all my Zigbee devices inoperable. Luckily, when I closed down the RPi, the original bridge returned as the bridge in JowiHue and all devices became functional. Is there any way to get the second bridge into JowiHue without replacing the first?
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

It should have worked from the start. I have a Conbee running here and a RPI with RaspBee in it and so far they have been working fine. I will have to try to create a maiden test to see if I can copy this issue. Time is a challenge here. Will try this weekend.....

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      It should have worked from the start. I have a Conbee running here and a RPI with RaspBee in it and so far they have been working fine. I will have to try to create a maiden test to see if I can copy this issue. Time is a challenge here. Will try this weekend.....

Wim
      Wim:
      Thanks. No rush. I tried again and got the same result. At first I thought it was because the ConBees had the same network ID and/or same name. However, after changing each for the the RPi ConBee, the result was the same. Very curious that it seems to be unique to my set up. By the way, the RPi has my old original ConBee, while the one on the Windows computer is ConBee II. I don't think that should make any difference, either, and I have reset the old one multiple times. Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Elliot,

I am fighting somehow with the latest changes in the plugin. So I guess this is some snag in the plugin that is hunting me at the moment.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Elliot,

I am fighting somehow with the latest changes in the plugin. So I guess this is some snag in the plugin that is hunting me at the moment.
          Wim:
          Thanks. You have much more important things to do with the plug in than my issue.
          Elliott

Comment

Wim
            PROBLEM SOLVED. The second ConBee had the same network ID and MAC address as the first. See this link: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/4365

When I changed the ID and MAC of the second, all went as it is supposed to. Elliott

Comment

Elliot,

Wow... it is weird that a mac address could be used twice, but arrive at the same customer? Talk about a lottery here
              Good find!
              -- Wim

Comment

Elliot,

Wow... it is weird that a mac address could be used twice, but arrive at the same customer? Talk about a lottery here
                Good find!

Comment

Working...
                X