Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major problems with 4.0.7.3

Hi Wim,
    I was the lucky recipient of a total hardware failure on the machine I was running HS4 on... so I got to build a new Linux box and install HomeSeer 4 on it. So everything I have observed now is coming from a new system. At first I just installed the Z-Wave plug in and brought up the Z-wave devices... that brought its own set of challenges. It seems that HS doesn't always build the device and its features the same way twice... If at first it doesn't get the features right then I have to remove the device from HS and then let it scan again and try to build it and its features again... Sometimes it took several attempts before they got it at least close enough to right...

Then I installed the JowiHue plug in. It created several devices more than once... the group info under bridge maintenance and there can be a repeating of a light in a group many, many times...

Sometimes the plug in just stops working... I will see a lot of errors reference API V2 and object references not set to an instance of an object...

Also under bridge maintenance if I look at the Lights Info.. I will see some lights that are being shown multiple times in the same group... some lights are fine.. some will show being the same group like 20 or 30 times...

I also tested and when it decides to give up the ghost I can't even control from the web interface... It's all in all very unstable and I cannot find anything that I have done that would cause that...

Dan

Hi Wim,

I am seeing the same nature of error occurring. The logs are recording the duplications with light and features are reporting to the same devices and when this is present, there is a Cartesian product effect when looking at the JowieHue configuration, i.e the example is the Light and the relationship to the Living Room TV groups.

Regards'
    Tim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 15.06.00.png
Views:	168
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	1553446

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 15.02.28.png
Views:	171
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1553445
    Attached Files

Comment

The second issues I am seeing is when the devices are imported it appears to be truncating the name from the right and appending the Device Type but this only occurred for accessories on one bridge and subsequently the consequence is the name is then updated in the bridge.

Name:	IMG_3011.png
Views:	170
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1553449Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3012.png
Views:	180
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1553450

Attached Files

Comment

Wim,
        Where can I find the 4.0.7.2 version... I would like to roll back... as before I had my hardware crash it was working really well. At least I thought it was... I wasn't seeing all the log entries and restarts. Knowing what I know about Hue V2 API... I understand how difficult this is going to be to transition to their V2 API. I will never understand some of their architecture decisions.

Thanks,
        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by lakehawk View Post
          Wim,
          Where can I find the 4.0.7.2 version... I would like to roll back... as before I had my hardware crash it was working really well. At least I thought it was... I wasn't seeing all the log entries and restarts. Knowing what I know about Hue V2 API... I understand how difficult this is going to be to transition to their V2 API. I will never understand some of their architecture decisions.

Thanks,
          Dan
          Dan,

I have sent you and email with previous versions.

Tim

Comment

Thanks Tim... but I am too stupid... those zip files just create a directory and jam a bunch of stuff in it.. The zip files that Wim gave me when testing I could just unzip in the HomeSeer directory and it would put everything where it needed to be... I'm so tied up in working on the new concurrency and Apple Watch features that I just don't have the time to figure it all out.... Wim must be on holiday.... so hopefully when he returns he can help figure out what's gone south with 4.0.7.3 version.

Comment

Dan,

Check the \Updates4 directory. You probably will find the correct version there. You should only need to copy the HSPI_JowiHue.exe file over the existing one.
              You both are running on Mono I guess? I have another issue with groups recreating... I tried to copy the issue here, but I cannot replicate the issue here, probably because I am running on Windows.... Will check on capital vs lowercase letters I guess

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

lakehawk Do you have a bckup maybe that you could use BTW? That should work as well

brientim and Dan, are the issues you see concentrating on both lights and groups, or groups only on the part of adding new devices? Aside from the issues Tim is seeing on the double device in the log (both devices pointing to the same). Sensors are not an issue here?

As for the renaming of the devices..the issue is only on sensors. My bad.. it is solved for the next version
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim,
                  One problem there... the only thing in my Updates directory is the 7.3 version... I lost my entire system and this was starting over from scratch... I did find the ZIP file you had sent me when we were working on the previous issues... it is 7.2 but reports as 7.1 as it was beta... That seems to be behaving better for now... After losing my entire HS4 system and trying to work on some new concurrency code it's been a long number of days since the hardware crash... Tim sent me the 7.2 ... so I will copy over the HSPI_JowiHue.exe from that and it should get me back to having the version number showing correctly...

When my hardware crashed and I reinstalled JowiHue with the 7.3 version... I have since seen in the logs some entries saying that two devices are pointing to the same light... Should I just totally wipe JowiHue from the system and start over again?

Let me know if there is any thing I can do to help you with the Linux... if you need someone to test I'll be happy to.

Regards,
                  Dan

Comment

Wim,
                    I haven't noticed anything about the sensors... I rolled back to the 7.2 and deleted all the lights from HomeSeer and then restarted the plug in... I'm wondering if just replacing the HSPI_JowiHue.exe by itself is not a good solution... I have some lights that are now duplicated... some 3 or 4 times... and I even see "features" for a light like the CT feature for a colored light that will be listed more than once for a light...

I'm trying now to go through and hide things and identify which of the devices listed for a light will actually control the lights.

I'm starting to think that home automation was not a great retirement hobby... LOL

How can I wipe everything that is associated with the plugin and then install the 7.2 and let it try and do a clean bring up of the devices / features?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by lakehawk View Post
                      Thanks Tim... but I am too stupid... those zip files just create a directory and jam a bunch of stuff in it.. The zip files that Wim gave me when testing I could just unzip in the HomeSeer directory and it would put everything where it needed to be... I'm so tied up in working on the new concurrency and Apple Watch features that I just don't have the time to figure it all out.... Wim must be on holiday.... so hopefully when he returns he can help figure out what's gone south with 4.0.7.3 version.
                      Well, Apple Watch support! I guess a CIO with 40+ years of software development and major systems integrations/rollouts might have some ideas.
                      But I'm sure that in your opinion is that old CIO has no sense of vision worth consideration!

I guess HELL has frozen over and never in your life or mine was a suggestion?

Can anyone say that Haptic feedback is not needed and not in the Apple Design Guidelines for Haptic feedback usage where it happens to be currently used????

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        lakehawk Do you have a bckup maybe that you could use BTW? That should work as well

brientim and Dan, are the issues you see concentrating on both lights and groups, or groups only on the part of adding new devices? Aside from the issues Tim is seeing on the double device in the log (both devices pointing to the same). Sensors are not an issue here?

As for the renaming of the devices..the issue is only on sensors. My bad.. it is solved for the next version
                        Hi Wim.

All these action are being conducted a test system and fresh install so no direct impact.
                        The concatenation is both sensors and switches as displayed below and I have not observe this with lights.
                        I enabled verbose logging and can send you the complete output if desired.

Regards
                        Tim

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 17.34.14.png
Views:	169
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1553699

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 16.53.42.png
Views:	165
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1553701

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 16.57.01.png
Views:	159
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1553700

Comment

Tim,

Yes, please send me the verbose logging as I still have no lead on what is happening here. I guess I will add more logging based on your trace as tracing in linux to get moer info... The plugin should catch it when it creates a device double, been searching for case sensitive stuff, but no luck finding it yet.
                          BTW the errors you see, are all devices from the Philips Hue bridge or also deCONZ?

Thanks,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            Tim,

Yes, please send me the verbose logging as I still have no lead on what is happening here. I guess I will add more logging based on your trace as tracing in linux to get moer info... The plugin should catch it when it creates a device double, been searching for case sensitive stuff, but no luck finding it yet.
                            BTW the errors you see, are all devices from the Philips Hue bridge or also deCONZ?

Thanks,

Wim
                            Hello Wim,

I have emailed you the logs so you should get them soon. I have only observed on the Philips Hue and I have not tested on deCONZ as I moved devices back to the Hue to do firmware updates…

Regards
                            Tim

Comment

Wim,

I am reviewing my previous post and I realised even though it looks like a duplication of the name in switches, it is actually correct on the feature. i.e, the default name in Hue for a dimmer switch is .... my dimmer switch and therefore, once the Switch Feature will be my dimmer switch Switch

Tim

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 09.49.00.png
Views:	139
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1553988

Comment

Working...
                              X