Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Version of deCONZ is recommended?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I agree that something isn't quite right. Yes, I had already added the Conbee II as a bridge in the plugin. The first time I tried to add the sensor was what I got above but I "think" I might have been too far from the Conbee II on the first try. I tried it again while in the same room as the HS4 computer and it worked the second time. Also, I had to start the scan and then hold the reset button to add the sensor. I do have to say that the log was very messy as shown below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 4.50.28 PM.png
Views:	95
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1558065
    And the HS Devices were named a bit strange:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 4.52.16 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1558066
    The "root" name "Temperature 3" seems random and while 3x of the feature names align with the root name, the "Pressure 4 hPa" does not. Renaming the root device cleaned that up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 5.04.34 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1558067
    After you pointed out to check what deCONZ showed, I see something strange there as well. The sensor is named after one of the features "Humidity" instead of the root device name. However, the device address is correct for the root device.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 10.33.11 AM.png
Views:	68
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1558068

    Comment


      #17
      What you saw was a direct result of the sensor being too far away, stuff was in an indeterminate state (similar to Z-wave when all the child features don't create properly, doing a rescan then corrects that). The good news is once you rename it in HS4 then the JowiHue plugin talks back to deconz to rename it. Everything lines up eventually if you do it from JowiHue.

      I first renamed the root device to my naming convention, as you can see, the child features then corrected themselves:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1558074

      One issue is that deconz doesn't inherit the change fully, it still held onto the device feature "humidity" in the name:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	temp2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1558075

      I simply clicked the pencil in Phoscon and removed the extra word, thus correcting it in the deconz map:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1558076

      Comment


        #18
        Thanks for all the help. My first sensor appears to be working and logging to Influxdb. Looks like AliExpress has the best price for 6 packs.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by kenm View Post
          Thanks for all the help. My first sensor appears to be working and logging to Influxdb. Looks like AliExpress has the best price for 6 packs.
          Yep, I buy them in bulk from there, gets the price down to around $11USD each sometimes. There's no Z-wave device that exists that can beat them on price, size, or battery life.

          Comment


            #20
            I got the Conbee II up and running on windows 10 and have the plugin working. When I try to add my first device, aqara temp humidity sensor, nothing happens. I've tried adding in the plugin and on phoscon app.

            Am I missing something?

            Comment


              #21
              I assume you can see the Conbee II in Device Manager and in deCONZ? Mine says "Configuration Tool 1". Then, you went through the "authenticate app" process in Phoscon to register the bridge with the plugin.

              Next you click scan for sensors under bridge maintenance, then reset the sensor by pressing and holding the reset button until the blue LED flashes 3 times.

              What messages do you get in the HS Log?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                I got the Conbee II up and running on windows 10 and have the plugin working. When I try to add my first device, aqara temp humidity sensor, nothing happens. I've tried adding in the plugin and on phoscon app.

                Am I missing something?
                What exact steps are you taking?

                On the aqara sensor, find the small button on the top of the unit.
                Bring the sensor reasonably close to the ConBee, no more than a room away.
                Press and hold the button on the aqara until the blue light on the front pf the sensor starts flashing (about 5 seconds)
                Push the scan for new sensors on the JowiHue bridge maintenance page.
                Once the sensor is added the blue light should stop flashing.
                WAIT.... maybe a minute or two, it takes a little bit of time for the sensor to add to Conbee, deconz, JowiHue, and then HS4 layers.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by kenm View Post
                  I assume you can see the Conbee II in Device Manager and in deCONZ? Mine says "Configuration Tool 1". Then, you went through the "authenticate app" process in Phoscon to register the bridge with the plugin.

                  Next you click scan for sensors under bridge maintenance, then reset the sensor by pressing and holding the reset button until the blue LED flashes 3 times.

                  What messages do you get in the HS Log?
                  Thanks for that. I failed to hold the button down on the Aqara for long enough time. I tried again and I held it until I saw the 3 flashes of blue and it started adding the sensor. Had to do the add twice for it to work. First time just gave a bunch of unknown sensors.

                  It seems to be working now.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X