X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prsmith777
    replied
    Originally posted by kenm View Post
    I assume you can see the Conbee II in Device Manager and in deCONZ? Mine says "Configuration Tool 1". Then, you went through the "authenticate app" process in Phoscon to register the bridge with the plugin.

Next you click scan for sensors under bridge maintenance, then reset the sensor by pressing and holding the reset button until the blue LED flashes 3 times.

What messages do you get in the HS Log?
    Thanks for that. I failed to hold the button down on the Aqara for long enough time. I tried again and I held it until I saw the 3 flashes of blue and it started adding the sensor. Had to do the add twice for it to work. First time just gave a bunch of unknown sensors.

It seems to be working now.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I got the Conbee II up and running on windows 10 and have the plugin working. When I try to add my first device, aqara temp humidity sensor, nothing happens. I've tried adding in the plugin and on phoscon app.

Am I missing something?
    What exact steps are you taking?

On the aqara sensor, find the small button on the top of the unit.
    Bring the sensor reasonably close to the ConBee, no more than a room away.
    Press and hold the button on the aqara until the blue light on the front pf the sensor starts flashing (about 5 seconds)
    Push the scan for new sensors on the JowiHue bridge maintenance page.
    Once the sensor is added the blue light should stop flashing.
    WAIT.... maybe a minute or two, it takes a little bit of time for the sensor to add to Conbee, deconz, JowiHue, and then HS4 layers.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    I assume you can see the Conbee II in Device Manager and in deCONZ? Mine says "Configuration Tool 1". Then, you went through the "authenticate app" process in Phoscon to register the bridge with the plugin.

Next you click scan for sensors under bridge maintenance, then reset the sensor by pressing and holding the reset button until the blue LED flashes 3 times.

What messages do you get in the HS Log?

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    I got the Conbee II up and running on windows 10 and have the plugin working. When I try to add my first device, aqara temp humidity sensor, nothing happens. I've tried adding in the plugin and on phoscon app.

Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by kenm View Post
    Thanks for all the help. My first sensor appears to be working and logging to Influxdb. Looks like AliExpress has the best price for 6 packs.
    Yep, I buy them in bulk from there, gets the price down to around $11USD each sometimes. There's no Z-wave device that exists that can beat them on price, size, or battery life.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    Thanks for all the help. My first sensor appears to be working and logging to Influxdb. Looks like AliExpress has the best price for 6 packs.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    What you saw was a direct result of the sensor being too far away, stuff was in an indeterminate state (similar to Z-wave when all the child features don't create properly, doing a rescan then corrects that). The good news is once you rename it in HS4 then the JowiHue plugin talks back to deconz to rename it. Everything lines up eventually if you do it from JowiHue.

I first renamed the root device to my naming convention, as you can see, the child features then corrected themselves:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1558074

One issue is that deconz doesn't inherit the change fully, it still held onto the device feature "humidity" in the name:

Name:	temp2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1558075

I simply clicked the pencil in Phoscon and removed the extra word, thus correcting it in the deconz map:

Views:	70
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1558076

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    I agree that something isn't quite right. Yes, I had already added the Conbee II as a bridge in the plugin. The first time I tried to add the sensor was what I got above but I "think" I might have been too far from the Conbee II on the first try. I tried it again while in the same room as the HS4 computer and it worked the second time. Also, I had to start the scan and then hold the reset button to add the sensor. I do have to say that the log was very messy as shown below.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 4.50.28 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1558065
    And the HS Devices were named a bit strange:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 4.52.16 PM.png
Views:	74
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1558066
    The "root" name "Temperature 3" seems random and while 3x of the feature names align with the root name, the "Pressure 4 hPa" does not. Renaming the root device cleaned that up.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 5.04.34 PM.png
Views:	74
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1558067
    After you pointed out to check what deCONZ showed, I see something strange there as well. The sensor is named after one of the features "Humidity" instead of the root device name. However, the device address is correct for the root device.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 10.33.11 AM.png
Views:	72
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1558068

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Something doesn't seem right there... I've never had an issue simply adding a sensor. Was the Conbee already setup in HS4 before adding the sensor? There should have been a device created for it. In your logs the entry almost looks like it's trying to create a device for the configuration tool (the ConBee).

I had a spare Aqara sensor sitting on my desk so I just added it.
    Hold and press the reset button on the sensor until the blue light starts flashing (about 5 seconds).
    Then click Scan for Sensors on the JowiHue plugin Bridge settings...

...and It didn't work. I think something is up with the latest version of the plugin. My adds are usually flawless.

I restarted just the plugin, and bam.... it created the devices that should have been created.

To see if it was added to your ConBee network, check the Phoscon app:

Views:	157
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1557950

There should then be a corresponding device (with child features) in HS4:

Name:	temp2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1557951

Notice how the device in Phoscon says "25" and the device in HS4 says "26"... that shows that JowiHue had a problem with the initial add, but when you restart the plugin it enumerates what's in its record keeping (or possibly Deconz) and recreates any missing devices.

Deconz is the actual controller software that works with the ConBee, Phoscon is just a friendly web interface for it.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    OK. Just tried to add the Aqara sensor and got the following in the log:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 4.17.07 PM.png
Views:	124
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1557936

I don't see any new devices related to a temp nor humidity sensor. I assume those should have been 2112 and 2113?

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    Originally posted by TC1 View Post
    FYI, Wim kept getting configuration questions so there's a helpful post at the very top of the forum.
    Help, hints and tips and how to's on JowiHue - HomeSeer Message Board
    I've been carefully reading through that post. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    FYI, Wim kept getting configuration questions so there's a helpful post at the very top of the forum.
    Help, hints and tips and how to's on JowiHue - HomeSeer Message Board

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    I ran into a problem and thought I would document it here for others to avoid. I struggled getting the Phoscon app to launch. It was going to 'http://172.29.1.18:8080/pwa/login.html#host/172.29.1.18:8080' since HS4 already had port 80. It was just hanging on "Loading".

The problem was the fact that I have mcsMQTT listening on port 8080 for GW1000 messages. deCONZ didn't seem to know that and quietly was trying to use it anyway.

Thanks to another post from George I found the config.ini file and changed the port to 81, restarted deCONZ, and was able to launch the app.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I just ordered a ConBeeII and a couple of Aqara temp humidity sensors from Amazon this morning. Should be here by Wednesday. First foray into Zigbee. Running HS3 on windows 10 box.

bookmarked this thread
    Just be aware that the HS3 version of the JowiHue plugin is getting no new development/features, as per the author, which is pretty much true for most HS3 plugins. Though I know Wim is good about fixing any critical bugs.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    I just ordered a ConBeeII and a couple of Aqara temp humidity sensors from Amazon this morning. Should be here by Wednesday. First foray into Zigbee. Running HS3 on windows 10 box.

bookmarked this thread

Leave a comment:

Working...
X