JowiHue Help with system reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue Help with system reboot

I am new to JowiHue and Deconz. I started my home automation journey with Smarthings and Aqara devices and it gave me fits with constant disconnects. It was not fun to say the least. This prompted me to go all in with Zwave in Homeseer, while a big improvement over zigbee, I still had some issues, but for the most part, it has been solid. With my attempt to resurrect my aqara devices, It's been 15 days now on my trial run on JowiHue, and its been a pleasant surprise. JowiHue, Deconz and Conbee II has been all working well with Homeseer.

My question is, sometimes I reboot my Windows 10 computer remotely,Homeseer and Deconz has been setup to auto boot up, but I end up losing connectivity to my Jowihue devices in Homeseer. What I need to do is disable the Jowihue app and then immediately enable it. Once I do that all the Jowihue devices start working again in Homeseer. Looking for advice if it can connect automatically if I reboot computer or if I am doing something incorrect...

It is common to launch deconz before homeseer (with enough delay to make sure deconz is fully resolved... a minute or two is fine). If you try this and run into port errors for Homeseer, you may need to launch deconz with some command line parameters to specify a different port. Here's an example:

C:\Users\House\AppData\Local\deCONZ\bin\deCONZ.exe --auto-connect=1 --dbg-error=1 --http-port=8080 --ws-port=8443 --upnp=0

For controlling the launch order and command line options, many people use Startup Delayer from r2.com.au

Comment

You could try startup delayer https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/...artup-delayer/ and see if that helps. Or you could use Jon00 Plugin Enable/Disable Utility to automate stopping/starting the plugin.

I find the startup delayer usefull for starting several different programs in the correct sequence on startup. I start Deconz first and Homeseer with a 15 second delay and that seems to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
        You could try startup delayer https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/...artup-delayer/ and see if that helps. Or you could use Jon00 Plugin Enable/Disable Utility to automate stopping/starting the plugin.

I find the startup delayer usefull for starting several different programs in the correct sequence on startup. I start Deconz first and Homeseer with a 15 second delay and that seems to work well.
        +1 for startup delayer. I run Node-RED, DeConz, and HomeSeer on the same machine and auto-start them each in sequence.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks all for the help. I’m running HS as a service and Deconz auto start using windows task manager. I changed the HS service from Automatic to Automatic with delay and it seemed to help allow Deconz to load first before HS.

I’ll consider startup delayer if I have future issues.

Comment

Working...
          X