Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Backup Plugin Question

When I do a system backup I get the following warnings in the HS log:

A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-wal' because it is being used by another process.

Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db-shm' because it is being used by another process.
    8/25/2022 11:27:39 AM

Warning
    A file cannot be accessed and will be skipped. If this is a plugin owned file the plugin author needs to implement the backup HSEvent: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db' because it is being used by another process.

My question is is all the data in the plugin getting backed up or should I back it up another way?

Running HS 4.2.14.0
    Plugin version 4.0.7.6
    Windows 10

I see the same error daily at 3am when HS is doing an automatic backup. Anyone know if this plugin's data is being backed up, or do we need to shut it down and then do a manual backup?

Comment

Once again, Google is everyone's friend (paste text below in a Google search)

Code:
      site:forums.homeseer.com jowihue backup

Comment

In short, the plugin is creating its own backups of the database in the \Data\JowiHue directory, which on their turn are included in the HS backup fine. So all data is save, despite the impression HS4 is giving in the log.
        The error shown by HS is pointing to undocumented functionality. So I couldn't guess what it is expecting from me.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X