4.0.7.6 creating duplicate devices and/or features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.0.7.6 creating duplicate devices and/or features

I just upgraded from HS3 to HS4. I didn't have JowiHue installed at the time I upgraded, so there was no need to migrate JowiHue devices from HS3 to HS4. After upgrading to HS4, I installed JowiHue version 4.0.7.6. I have a Philips Hue Bridge. I ran into two kinds of duplicate problems:

1. Duplicate devices (but features under the duplicated devices were not duplicated)
    2. Devices that were not duplicates, but within a device, features were duplicated.

I have 35 Philips Hue lights, and about half of my devices fell into category Home or Forum above.

I actually documented this duplicate problem in detail in a thread that I wrote, but I mistakenly wrote that thread in the HS3 forum:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...wiehue-plug-in

I was hoping to move that thread from the HS3 forum to the HS4 forum, but wasn't possible. Anyway, it seems the HS3 forum isn't looked at much, so I figured I'd post a new thread here.

Anyway, I manually deleted duplicate devices as recommended in the Homeseer log. For devices that were not duplicated, but whose features were duplicated, I just removed the devices. After removing the devices, I restarted the plug-in. Then, some devices (or features) might get duplicated again. It took about 3 iterations of deletion/restart until I finally had no more duplicates. So, at least now, no more duplicates, and I did test that turning on or off devices in HomeSeer correctly turned on or off the actual devices. I haven't had time to test Hue, Sat, RGB, CT, but at least I know on/off for all devices work.

So, just wanted to point out that there is an issue with this version of the plug-in causing duplicates to be created.

The version 4.0.7.6, which was possibly creating double feature was followed by 4.0.7.7, which would no longe create the double features. And currently (just now) a new version 4.0.7.8 has been published which resolves an issue with RGB updates on the group devices. I am hoping the issue you mentioned is no longer happening.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      The version 4.0.7.6, which was possibly creating double feature was followed by 4.0.7.7, which would no longe create the double features. And currently (just now) a new version 4.0.7.8 has been published which resolves an issue with RGB updates on the group devices. I am hoping the issue you mentioned is no longer happening.
      Ah thanks. I waited years after I bought my HS4 license when it was first announced, before I actually upgraded to HS4 just this month. If only I waited two more days before installing the plug-in to get 4.0.7.7 :-). I'd delete everything to confirm that the new version doesn't result in duplicates, but things are working fine now, so I'll probably just upgrade and stay happy. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X