Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pcgirl65 please see my message in the other thread
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I know you have handful of requests. Not sure how small of an issue it is right now. I removed the device as you suggested. Under the group, it shows two identical groups, one indicates that the bridge is not found the other is ok. If I select the other group, I get this error.
      From the Scene view, I'm also unable to test the scenes, it does not do anything when I press the button Test. It will run only if I click on the icon Run.
      Thanks Wim.
      Attached Files

Comment

I will have to recheck the test button why it does not work correctly. I have not tested that one for quite some time and the bootstrap stuff seems to change every now and then... Will do that. But I am surprised the groups are showing twice. I am thinking this has been caused by the move from the GEN 1 bridge to the GEN 2 bridge? The move process has never been smooth helas.

Could you check for me if for example the group Outside Patio Fence Room is holding two devices in the HS device list? Because that would indeed double the selection list you re showing. In that case it will be needed to remove the double (oldest update time/ lower device refs) device and features and restart the plugin after that...

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thank wim, there something going on with the devices and etc, I spent a day trying to figure it out, I do not want to delete anything yet until I confirm with you that I can remove any devices. Please stand by, I will send some print screen of what I see here.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Removing a group through the bridge maintenance page will remove the devices. This will influence any event that use the devices of the group.
            I have this too here, as I am doing a lot of tests every now and then. What I do is to be sure I can update all events that contain the device is these steps:

I open an extra tab in the browser and do a search on the device to be deleted device (search block top right in the HS pages).
            This will give a list of all events containing the device (or same name). Keep this tab apart.
            Then delete the group (using another tab) using the bridge maintenance tab. This will delete the device and its features.
            Then add the new group (using the same name probably?)
            The new devices will be created by the plugin. If anything goes wrong - do not close the search tab!

Once the device is created, go back to the search tab and right click on the first event containing the old device and choose to open on a new tab.
            Now change this event to use the new device and save it

Repeat the above two steps for each event.

Not ideal, but it saves you a lot of time compared to searching all events to see the device was used in it....

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

That answer above, though usefull maybe in your case as wel was ment for another thread... boy I am getting old here LOL
              -- Wim

Comment

I do not blame you, I do not think is getting old, I think you are getting overwhelmed :-) I have attached several screens, The "Side" light contain a unique id that looks like it is from Phoscon. As you can see it has multiple similar Features.
                Please let me know the best action I can take.
                Attached Files

Comment

Aldo,

I would like to focus on the double groups you had in post 17 and my question in post 18 of this thread before switching to lights. Much of this could be caused by the move from the GEN1 bridge to the GEN2 bridge, I am pretty sure of that. Also on the lights (removing the doubles might solve the issue). But lets check on the groups first and after that on the lights? Are the groups holding two devices with features, or is it similar to the lights you just posted?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Wim, great point. The groups show fine under the group info (see my print screen) but not when I select them under Scenes.

Comment

By the way the all thing started when reading from your manual, you have implemented the "Animation" that will resume after an event. I will attach the print screens but what I want to accomplish is to have the Animation going after the sunset until the sunrise but in the same time if the motion comes on, I would like to bright those lights on 100% and resume to normal routine after 5 minutes. Currently it seems that it is not going back to the Animation and it is always bright at 100%.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
                        Wim, great point. The groups show fine under the group info (see my print screen) but not when I select them under Scenes.
                        Aldo, what about the group devices on the device page? Does this show double features? Not on the bridge maintenance screen.

As for the event you show, you need to stop the animation first before setting the light high en then start it again after the camera timer is finished. Also for the above unpause action - there is no need to first switch the group on if the animation is controlling the group, it could cause issues when you do. An animation will take care of the light on or off switch.

It also helps to create a device for the animation (on the animation page) this would give you insight on the state of the animation - is it running, paused or stopped. You could even control it through the webpage this way.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Wim, you are fantastic, I'm so sorry to bother you so many times.

Aldo, what about the group devices on the device page? Does this show double features? Not on the bridge maintenance screen.
                          I was reading one of your postings about groups and it made sense to me to rename those groups with the ending word of groups so I can distinguish between a device and a group. Your comment made me look close at those devices and I believe now I have orphan groups from the previous groups, I assume I can remove those. Just waiting for your benediction on it :-)

If I followed you correctly, I made the proper changes and also created the devices as you have suggested. Unfortunately it is hard to figure out if everything is working since it is happening at night, thank god being old and "pee a lot" helps to see if those lights are behaving right.

Below are the two groups, the last one it appears that has the RGB missing
                          I will keep you posted.

Not sure if this is helpful but this is one of the few devices that has different features in it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Don't worry yet on the missing RGB. I would advice to stop the plugin and remove the old group (with the last update on or around 9/19)
                            Also, you can do the same on the light you posted earlier, the features with the old update times and wrong uniqueid's can be removed.
                            Most certainly this is coming from the move from the old GEN1 bridge to the GEN2 firmware, which was not cleared well during the process.
                            Once you removed the unneeded devices and features, start the plugin again and the lists of groups and lights in the scenes pages will be gone.

Thanks,

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              Don't worry yet on the missing RGB. I would advice to stop the plugin and remove the old group (with the last update on or around 9/19)
                              Also, you can do the same on the light you posted earlier, the features with the old update times and wrong uniqueid's can be removed.
                              Most certainly this is coming from the move from the old GEN1 bridge to the GEN2 firmware, which was not cleared well during the process.
                              Once you removed the unneeded devices and features, start the plugin again and the lists of groups and lights in the scenes pages will be gone.

Thanks,

Wim
                              Wim, alghouth I'm still running some tests, it looks good so far, no orphan lights or groups that I can see. I will keep you posted but I wanted to give a quick update.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X