KEEN smart vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KEEN smart vents

Has anyone integrated the KEEN smart vents into HS4? I want to control a vent directly with HS4.

I'd like this, as well.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

According to the Blakadder database, the following are supported by the deconz/ConBee zigbee controller. Getting it recognized first there is key, more than likely it is already recognized by JowiHue, but even if not, it shouldn't be too difficult for w.vuyk to add it. Of course that is just my opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	266
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1571615

Comment

I use a ConBee II usb stick for Zigbee on a Windows computer. Comes with DeConz software server that provides the interface to the JowiHue plugin. Works great. The Keen vents are supported as ON/OFF/DIM devices. I have USB buttons that fire off HS events to Open/Close vents, I can ask Alexa to Open/Close various vents, or control them via HS events.

Let me know if you need help getting this setup.
        tenholde

Comment

Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

I have some set up on the Jowihue plugin and a Rasp II (deConz) and some set up on the MQTT plugin via zigbee2mqtt. They all work just fine on/off, dim, temp etc.

Comment

All good info, now I have to wait for KEEN to remedy their supply chain problems!

Comment

Keen vents have been supported since the HS3 version of the plugin. But if there are any issue while adding those, let me know.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

While waiting for the Keen vent to arrive, I purchased a smart plug so I could go through the setup of the PI, etc. In one of the docs I read this statement " For Deconz to work you must always have a “Router” device connected to the conbee at all times. This can be a bulb, plug, etc. Not a battery device." Is this true?
                  Also, how do I know if the PI is communicating with deConz other than looking at the log file? If the PC restarts, lets say while sleeping, away from home, etc., how would I know the zigbee network isn't communicating properly?

Comment

Almost any plugged in Zigbee device is a router and a lot of bulbs but not every one. When you add the device to deConz you will be using the Phoscon front end and if you look at your device (s) there it will tell you if you are online or offline. You can see this in the Jowihue plugin as well.

Comment

And you will be able to check on the device map of deConz as well

Name:	image.png
Views:	204
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	1572601
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Ok, I have only one plug-in device sitting on the network, just to play with. The last two mornings, I turned the device on from HS and it took about 10 seconds to respond!
                        After that first command, response was almost instantanous. Is this possibly a device issue or because there are no other devices on the network? I looked at the deConz map before I sent that first command in the morning and the two nodes were blinking blue. Thoughts?

Comment

Finally got hold of the Keen vent. I did a scan in the JowiHue PI and this is what I got. No ON/OFF feature.

Name:	Keen vent.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1573801Click image for larger version

Name:	Keen vent.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1573802

Comment

What is under the light info tab. You control the vents as a light.
                            tenholde

Comment

​Nothing new under the light tab, here's what I have in HS4 Devices:

Name:	KEEN display.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1573835

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X