Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New names for devices - who is in charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New names for devices - who is in charge?

If I wish to change the name of a bulb and keep the name syncronized btw. the Hue app and HS what is the best way to do this?
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Jakob,

Rename the device in HS (not features) and the name will change in the Hue app and the HS features. Change it in the Hue app, and the name of the device should change with its features. But the last one does miss somehow, have nt been able to solve that one yet fully.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Perfect - it works.
      Would it also be possible to remove all the "meta" aggregated devices the plugin creates (Like: Living room All) - or will they be recreated if I delete them in HS?
      Best,

Comment

On deCONZ gateway this wil work fine. Philips is working on removing this group as well. I don't know if you are using the Philips Hue bridge or deCONZ gateway here. But you can check this by temporary stopping the plugin and removing the all group device. After the restart of the plugin I expect you will not see it recreated anymore
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I use the Hue gateway.
          Best,

Comment

Jakob,

Did you try to remove the all lights device and features with the plugin inactive? Did it work out?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X