LEDVANCE BR30 RGBW No color control optiion with JowiHue Plugin and deCONZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEDVANCE BR30 RGBW No color control optiion with JowiHue Plugin and deCONZ

I just moved from the Homeseer HS4 Zigbee Plugin to the JowiHue plugin with a Phoscon gateway. The issue I am having is the LEDVANCE BR30 RGBW is not showing up with color control.

It only has the following controls.
    1. On/Off/Dim
    2. Extra
    3. CT

The RGB control does show up on the Phoscon App for these bulbs.

I also have several LEDVANCE A19 bulbs that are also RGBW and the color control shows up in the device on Homeseer HS4 with the JowiHue plugin.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Below is more detailed information.

HS4 Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.16.0 (Windows)
    JowiHue Plug-In Version: 4.0.8.2
    deCONZ Version: 2.19.1

Here is the object information LEDVANCE BR30 RGBW light.

Color temperature light

**************************** Object info *****************************
    {
    "colorcapabilities": 25,
    "ctmax": 666,
    "ctmin": 142,
    "etag": "5beb3cd542bd120ba9c9773d1247e454",
    "hascolor": true,
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2022-11-23T18:06Z",
    "manufacturername": "LEDVANCE",
    "modelid": "BR30 RGBW",
    "name": "Back Porch 1",
    "state": {
    "alert": "none",
    "bri": 0,
    "colormode": "ct",
    "ct": 370,
    "effect": "none",
    "hue": 0,
    "on": false,
    "reachable": true,
    "sat": 254,
    "xy": [
    ]
    },
    "swversion": "0x00102201",
    "type": "Color temperature light",
    "uniqueid": "f0:d1:b8:00:00:06:5b:f1-01"
    }
    ************************* End Object info ***************************​

Did you try a restart of the plugin? Sometimes with a new light it helps to restart the plugin. Still hunting it here for the why... no luck so far yet
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

I did restart the plugin, and it still is the same result. Also, the Homeseer computer has been restarted as well as part of my backup process. Should I try and restart the Raspberry Pi with Phoscon and deCONZ?

Best regards,

Ken

Comment

No, that is not needed. All needed attributes are present in the JSON you posted. So deCONZ is fine here.
        I do think though that the LEDVANCE is reporting nonstandard values (LEDVANCE does this more often) e.g. '"type": "Color temperature light",' which is suggesting that it does not support color, only CT.
        It might be that the plugin is responding to the type and ignoring the color attributes because of the type. I will have to check on that here.
        So probably it will not (yet) work in this version of the plugin.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,

No worries. I'll wait for an update for the plug-in. Thanks for the assistance. Let me know if you want me to test anything, and I'll be glad to help.

Best regards,

Ken

Comment

I just checked and indeed the plugin will not create the color option because of the wrong type setting from LEDVANCE.
            Try the below file to see if this does give an immediate solution?

Follow these steps for this:
            1. Stop the plugin
            2. Copy the attached XML file to the \Config directory of your HS4 installation
            3. Start the plugin
            It should create the color options in maximum 6 minutes.If it works, it was a fast solution after all

Wim
            Attached Files
            -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Perfect. Worked as expected. Thanks so much for the rapid response!

Best regards,

Ken

Comment

Working...
              X