link TRADFRI remote to a lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

link TRADFRI remote to a lamp

On my windows 10 pc I use HS4 version 4.2.16.0 with Jowihue version 4.0.8.2 with the Combee2 stick.. The Deconz version is 2.19.2 and the Phoscon version 2.19.0.2.
    Both devices are read in with the Jowihue plugin. See picture. The last few days I have tried to link aTradfri remote to a Ikea dimmable lamp. Both devices I have read in with the plugin, but still I don't know how to link the remote controle with the lamp.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lamp with remote.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1578161
    I looked also in Deconz and in Phoscon, but see no possibility to link them.
    Is it at all possible to link the remote with the lamp, so that I can use the remote manually? And what should I do to get this working?

You connect them through homeseer events:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	134
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1578170
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

A switch/remote can only connect to one coordinator. A light can be a sort of coordinator for the remote you mention, but then the remote cannot connect to the Hub or gateway.
      If you connect the remove to deCONZ, deCONZ is then the coordinator, it can no longer control the light directly.
      But instead - with JowiHue on Homeseer you can also control multiple light/plugs/zwave devices etc by using the events of HomeSeer.
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks for your info. With events I understand.
        The remote control has 5 push buttons. How can I define them?
        In HS I don't see the push bottons of the remote control. See picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4 JowiHue devices.jpg Views:	12 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	1578383

JowiHue Woonkamer buttons in HS do not work. Can I remove them or do they have another function?

Comment

Wim,

The five buttons are shown as values in the state of the feature. You can select those in the event to trigger when one of the buttons is pressed.
          The buttons on Woonkamer should work? Which version of the plugin are you running?

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by wim2008 View Post
            On my windows 10 pc I use HS4 version 4.2.16.0 with Jowihue version 4.0.8.2 with the Combee2 stick.. The Deconz version is 2.19.2 and the Phoscon version 2.19.0.2.
            Both devices are read in with the Jowihue plugin. See picture. The last few days I have tried to link aTradfri remote to a Ikea dimmable lamp. Both devices I have read in with the plugin, but still I don't know how to link the remote controle with the lamp.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	lamp with remote.jpg Views:	54 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	1578161
            I looked also in Deconz and in Phoscon, but see no possibility to link them.
            Is it at all possible to link the remote with the lamp, so that I can use the remote manually? And what should I do to get this working?
            You can link a Tradfri remote and light bulb in Phoscon. Add both devices to the network separately via Phoscon or JowiHue then create a Group in Phoscon then add the light then add the switch to the group. The devices will also be picked up by the JowiHue plugin and HomeSeer for control. I add all my devices in Phoscon and let the JowiHue plugin pick them up after. I have several Tradfri remotes in groups that control nightstand lights (on/off, brightness up/down).

Regards

Comment

You are right, this works fine indeed. But this is not independent from the gateway in this case. It is the same as having an event by HomeSeer/JowiHue, but now handled by Phoscon.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

You mean this list of values?
                I changed one new value, but nothing happens. Or I don't see it. See picture below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1002mon-off short.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	1579213

I will tried in Phoscon.

Comment

With Phoscon it is working well. Thanks DMT and w.vuyk
                  After the link is made in Phoscon for the light and remote, I can close Phoscon?

And where in Deconz can you see that the link and the assignment have been made for the remote control? Is there a code in the node info that is changed?

Comment

Originally posted by wim2008 View Post
                    With Phoscon it is working well. Thanks DMT and w.vuyk
                    After the link is made in Phoscon for the light and remote, I can close Phoscon?
                    Yes, Phoscon is a just a web interface to the deconz API. deconz and the hardware controller are what does the heavy lifting.

Comment

Thanks TC1

Comment

Working...
                      X