Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Aqara E1 termostat (TRV) modes for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the Aqara E1 termostat (TRV) modes for ?

I just bought the Aqare E1 TRV. I have a mode device, which has 3 modes. Off (self explanatory), Full Heat, and Auto. I am controlling it via the setpoints. So should it be on Auto or Full Heat ? If it is on full heat, will it ignore the setpoints ?

I don't 100% know how the valve will respond. Here I am using Eurotronics Spirits. For this device Full Heat set the valve open to 100% for 15 minutes and will then return to Auto. You could look at the Full Heat as a Boost function. Maybe I could better rename it to Boost.
    On Auto, the valve (at least on EuroTronics) closes more when the measured temperature is nearing the setpoint or opens more if the temperature is far off setpoint.

Don't know if the Aqara Thermostat is doing the same. Let me know how the thermostat is behaving for you? As I do have some issues here with the Eurotronics thermostat as it looses its connection quite regular, where I need to take the batteries out and back in to restore the communication. Maybe the Aqara is a better choice?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      As I do have some issues here with the Eurotronics thermostat as it looses its connection quite regular, where I need to take the batteries out and back in to restore the communication. Maybe the Aqara is a better choice?

Wim
      I am using the zwave version of the Eurotronic Sprit. I have come to hate them... Always lots of issues when they were on battery. I converted them to constant power via a transformer, not reliable and quite fiddly. At least I do not have to change battery. But they do become unresponsive, and dont always shut down the radiators when they should. Quite often I find radiators with a setpont of 19 C boiling hot. Then I set the TRV to off, then back to 19 and it stays cold. Or the other way round, they are set to 24 C and stay cold until I set the TRV to off then back to heat...
      First impressions with the Aqara are good, but it needs longer to run before I can really make a comment. It sits quite loose on the rad, even after tightening it with pliars. But, it seems to shut down when its reached the temperature. I set it to 19, it seemed to heat to 19, then after the internal temperature sensor was reporting 19, it shut down and the rad stayed cold. But lets see over time.
      Regarding the Full heat mode, I left mine at full heat. Its still keeping it cold when set to 19, and heats when I set it to higher.

Comment

Working...
      X