X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue does not update dim level.

Hello.

I have a strange problem.
    Using HS4 (4.1.16.0) and the Jowihue plugin 4.0.8.3, connected to a HUE brigde.
    The "on/off/dim" value is stuck at "On" when I dim the light to any value.
    If I use the DIM slider in the JowiHue plugin, I can see the change in the hue app for IOS, but if I change the DIM level on the hue app (IOS), the slider is not changed in the JowiHue plugin.

​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	Hue.jpg Views:	19 Size:	5.2 KB ID:	1579711
    Here I have dimmed the light with the JowiHue plugin to approximately 33% as read from the Hue app (IOS), status is only ON in the JowiHue plugin.
    Any explanation ot this issue?
    Thanks!

Ole
    Attached Files

I’m seeing the same issue.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I managed to get it working again last evening.
      Deleted the bridge in JowiHue, uninstalled the JowiHue plugin and deleted the remaining files from the plugin in HS.
      Then it worked again as it should. If I now DIM from the plugin, the DIM values were present.
      And if I DIM from the hue app, the plugin reflect those changes.

This morning I noticed that there was a message at the plugin, something like this “info, ready to add bridge”. I disabled the plugin and reenable, and the usual “okay” was there.
      After that, the problem was back again.
      It seems to be something strange with the latest release of the plugin.​

Edit, more information:
      If I drag the slider to approximately halfway and let go, the slider jumps to the upper end (full), not to the expexted level.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	1579845

The log show that it should be set to 57%.

Click image for larger version  Name:	log.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	1579848

If I try to DIM down from the extra menu above, I receive the following error in the log.

Click image for larger version  Name:	error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	1579847

Comment

I have tested this a bit more.

Delete a light from the JowiHue plugin and remove the device from HS.
        Add back the same light with the hue app.
        Now I can dim to any level without any problem. JowiHue plugin is completely synced with the hue app, both ways when dimming.

If I now restart the HS system, or disable/enable the JowiHue plugin, the problem is back.
        Obviously, something happens with the plugin at that stage.​

w.vuyk Could you please take a look at this? Thanks!

Comment

I am indeed seeing the same here, regarding the display of the dim values. Wil have to check where this goed wrong.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            I am indeed seeing the same here, regarding the display of the dim values. Wil have to check where this goed wrong.

Wim
            Thanks Wim.

I have noticed that you have commented another post regarding a similar problem, "Missing light status on Hue devices/zones".
            I guess this is the same issue.
            Here you ask if the other values is updated.
            I can confirm that on my system, only the hue value is updated.
            RGB and sat is not updated, however the RGB value receive a new date/clock stamp when I change setting from my hue app (but the RGB value does not change).

When it worked for a while (after adding a new device and before the restart of my HS system), all values was updated when I changed the settings from the hue app.

Cheers,
            Ole

Comment

Not to pile on here Wim... but I also see this with the group level for lights... its reporting 255 value... which would be the command to go to last on... I was going to look at reverting to earlier version of the plug in, but since you are working this I'll just wait it out, as I'm moving to new house a week from tomorrow so my adventure in automation will start over anew....

Comment

This issue should now be resolved with the latest update of the plugin to 4.0.8.4

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  This issue should now be resolved with the latest update of the plugin to 4.0.8.4

Wim
                  Thanks Wim.

Dim level, hue and RGB is now updated.
                  However, I can't see that the sat value is updated.
                  It has the same problem that the other controls had, bring it down and it jumps up to the upper end, stuck at 254.
                  Any suggestion?
                  Thanks.

Ole

Comment

Happy new year to all!

w.vuyk Do you have a timeframe for fixing the problem with the sat value stuck at 254?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Ole,

It should fixed in the next version. Still working on some other issues here, but hope to be able to release it pretty soon.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Ouch, what happened here?
                        Installing the 4.0.8.6 update, and most of my hue devices is not responding/updating in JowiHue.
                        Some devices is listed twice, but none of them update status in JowiHue when the hue app control them.
                        Do I have to remove the plugin and devices and start all over again?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Ole,

It is better to start a new thread on issues like this as it is version dependant.
                          I am in the office here now, so cannot add much help. Check this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...74#post1588474 This should sove the issue. Do NOT remove the plugin as there is no need for that.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                          X