No announcement yet.

Tuya Water Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As of magic, everything started to work other than one sensor. It updates all the values in those devices other than the presence value. I have changed the batteries, rebooted HS, resync the device and etc. For some reason I can not get it to work. Good news, we are at the last mile :-)

Comment

Did you try the rest of that post? Do the reset procedure, I really do think that might make a difference?

If the values are the same, check attributes like lastupdated and or lastseen. Are they (UTC often) the same as the times shown in HS? If they are probably deCONZ did not get updates from the physical device. Then check the reachable attribute in the JSON, does deCONZ think the device is reachable or not?
      To enforce an update in deCONZ do the following steps:
      1. Start a scan for devices on the Bridge Maintenance page (do not delete devices, not in HomeSeer AND not in deCONZ)
      2. Reset the sensor you have been checking (for aqara 3-4 seconds pressing the small button until a blue light starts blinking)
      3. Check in the deCONZ map if the device dots are blinking as well.
      4. Once it is done, check the HomeSeer devices if they did update to newer values. In that case wait until a new update comes in from the sensor. In my case with a temperature sensor I hold it in my hands or put it in the freezer . That way the update will not take long.

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

you right, I think DeCOnz lost the presence device, what is the best procedure to remove it and re-add to the network?

Comment

Follow the steps I described... do not remove ANY device as in the instruction is described. There is no need to remove devices in HS nor in deCONZ
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

No matter what I did by following your step by steps instructions, I could not get that sensor running. I had to reset the device and repair it after I removed it from Deconz and your plugin under the bridge sensors. Now everything seems to be working fine, thank you so much for all you guys help.
            P.S. I also fixed the Phosoc displaying the right info. I had to remove the cache from the browser.

Thanks again for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              so with that I just ordered another sensor that was not a Tuya compatible but rather Zigbee 3 compatible and it worked without a hitch
              Don't be a tease... Post the link please

G

Comment

I looked at my orders on Ali and while the link no longer works since it's been about a year, however this is basically the sensor. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Xiaomi-...RD6WF9NI7GND5S
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The Aqara WSDCGQ11LM Temp/humidity sensors are *extremely* common on Ali express, just search on the model number. I buy them in bulk and always have spares on hand, can usually get the price down to less than $11 each.

Here's an example of 4 pieces at less than $11 each
                  Aqara Temperature Sensor Smart Air Pressure Humidity Environment Sensor Smart Control Zigbee Smart Home For Xiaomi App Mi Home - Smart Remote Control - AliExpress

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    however this is basically the sensor.
                    Ah, the Aqara one - I have a couple of those already.

G

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
                      Here's an example of 4 pieces at less than $11 each
                      Perfect. Thanks.
                      That's the best price I've seen in a while. In for a set of 4.

G

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post

Perfect. Thanks.
                        That's the best price I've seen in a while. In for a set of 4.

G
                        Why anyone would want to use Z-wave sensors is beyond me. These Zigbee sensors are cheaper, smaller, more responsive, and longer battery life. I put them everywhere since they are inexpensive, I have ones in my fridge, freezer, bathrooms, my range hood (detect when someone is cooking), etc. Anywhere one needs to measure/detect temperature or humidity.

Comment

Working...
                        X