Preset: Off - can't create one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preset: Off - can't create one

I'm trying to create a preset which turns a group of lights off. Maybe that's not the right way to do it. But either way, when I try taking a snapshot of a light that's off, it ends up being a dim blue when I execute it. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong though

I found it easiest to use an Event turning the group’s or light’s HS Device Off. I don’t think you can use a preset to turn them off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8B16F24F-D128-4164-856B-27CD958C0634.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.7 KB ID:	1587530
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by cmiller@crossoft.com View Post
      I'm trying to create a preset which turns a group of lights off. Maybe that's not the right way to do it. But either way, when I try taking a snapshot of a light that's off, it ends up being a dim blue when I execute it. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong though
      Definitely not a good way of doing it. For group control of Zigbee/Hue lights it's better to create a group with the plugin which will then make a device in HS4. Then as Randy indicated, simply use the Control a Device in an event and use the group device that was created.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	81
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1587549

Using JowiHue/Zigbee groups is also easier for dimming and on/off operations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1587550​​

Comment

Super helpful all - thanks!

Comment

If you still want to use a preset for it, create one by hand instead of doing the snapshot. Then set bright to 0.
          Or create an event with an JowiHue action, select the light or group to control and set brightness to 0. The adantage of using the JowiHue action is that is not HS device dependant if ever the device gets deleted and recreated.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            If you still want to use a preset for it, create one by hand instead of doing the snapshot. Then set bright to 0.
            Or create an event with an JowiHue action, select the light or group to control and set brightness to 0. The adantage of using the JowiHue action is that is not HS device dependant if ever the device gets deleted and recreated.

Wim
            Good point. I only use the devices for Off, so there are few to edit in the event I need to delete and recreate the HS devices. Everything else is either a script or a JowiHue Action.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X