TRADFRI remote all of a sudden unreachable with latest deCONZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRADFRI remote all of a sudden unreachable with latest deCONZ

I have one of those remotes which have been working great for a couple of years at least. I decided to upgrade deCONZ to V2_20_01. While the battery was only 11%. I was about to change it...
    After the upgrade it was unreachable. Downgraded back to V2_13_04 which had been fine. Still unreachable. Looking into deCONZ, there's no link. I happened to have a new battery, so installed it - still nothing. Once again, upgraded thereafter.

Do I need to delete this device within Phoscon and re-add or is there another possible solution?

Still on HS3.

Thanks
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

The old-style Tradfri remote is notoriously bad (hence why they don't sell it anymore. The ones that look like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	temp1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1590297

I'm blessed with one of these </sarcasm>, while it's pretty versatile in terms of the number of button press variations, it sucks in terms of battery life/reporting. I've put brand new batteries in and then days later it reports 16% battery and stays there forever.

All you want to do is re-pair it, no need to delete. Put it into paring mode then do a new switch device discovery in Phoscon. All should be well after that.

Comment

Perfect! That fixed the issue.

P.S. How do you use the other buttons? I've just been using the main one. I really don't need the others but am curious just the same.

Thanks Tony!
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

P.S. How do you use the other buttons? I've just been using the main one. I really don't need the others but am curious just the same.
        Well... since you asked....

I have a group of Philips Color Hue bulbs in my Living Room recessed ceiling lighting. I keep the Tradfri Remote on my coffee table.
        I wanted a way to control the lights without having to get up and walk over to the wall dimmer (I'm using a Zooz z-wave dimmer to also control the Zigbee Hue bulbs... another fun trick).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	205
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	1590342

Except for the continuous fine dimming, all of the functions above are done with Events. I make it a point to avoid script/code whenever possible, events are more intuitive and self-explanatory.

Continuous fine dimming simply can not be done with events because the shortest recurring trigger in Events is 1 second. So even if you did coarse dim level changes of 10%, it would take a full 10 seconds to dim all the way up or down. Unacceptable. I wanted the dimming function to "feel" the same as if you were operating a wall dimmer in terms of speed and fine control.

I ended up having to write a custom script that takes several input parameters, including the dimming step levels and timing control of how fast commands are sent to the bulb group, in milliseconds. The script can be used for both up and down dimming (I didn't want to have to maintain two different scripts). It basically allows any scene capable device to control any other load device, regardless of the protocol (Zwave/zigbee/wifi, etc) since HS abstracts the device control via the CAPI commands.​

Comment

You must be running the HS4 version of the plugin. I'm still on HS3 and am positioning to finally upgrade in about 3 weeks. The HS3 version of JowiHue only exposes the one main button.

Comment

You must be running the HS4 version of the plugin. I'm still on HS3 and am positioning to finally upgrade in about 3 weeks. The HS3 version of JowiHue only exposes the one main button.
            Oh wow, really? That stinks. Yes, this is the HS4 forum for the plugin, hence the version I'm running.
            I guess I'm lucky in that I waited for HS4 before implementing my first HS installation, even though I had an HS3 license for years that was just gathering dust.

Comment

I started with HS1 20 years ago this upcoming May. I'll be upgrading before long - again... lol

Comment

Well again, my Trafri battery died and so I replaced it. Tried to re-pair it by pressing 4x in 5 seconds while I add the switch (which was already there) but it keeps on reporting 11%. I'm beginning to dispise these... Any other options?

Comment

Well again, my Trafri battery died and so I replaced it. Tried to re-pair it by pressing 4x in 5 seconds while I add the switch (which was already there) but it keeps on reporting 11%. I'm beginning to dispise these... Any other options?
                  When replacing batteries or re-pairing zigbee devices you have to wait for the device to report battery properly. It won't happen right away. Give it an hour or two. Patience.

Also, worth investing in a cheap multimeter to measure/verify your batteries, it comes in handy for many reasons. For example the other day I couldn't unlock or start my car from the key fob... first assumption is a key fob dead coin cell. Swap in a new one, still nothing. Got out my multimeter and verified both the old and new battery were fine, put old one back in fob (ultimately it was a car battery issue).

Same thing for Zigbee batteries, always good to verify the bad/old battery is actually depleted since many of these batteries are odd sizes that are hard to get easily.

Comment

Yeah thanks. I've waited a few days. After looking into it further just now, in deConz, it looks as though it's low as well. Of course the json is reporting accordingly. I put in a fresh battery and verified it was 3v using a battery tester. Maybe the switch is on the outward bound program

Comment

You do not need to repair it when you replace batteries. If the device is dead and you replace the batteries it should report again through the existing connection. Including the battery level. That might take a while though. Resetting the tradfri sesnors does cost the strenth of the batteries, I noticed that too. So normally, just put in batteries and do not go to the reset process if not needed?

Wim
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                      X