deCONZ and window covering device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deCONZ and window covering device

Hello, I have been able to pair a window covering motor by SmartWings using a ConbeeII and DeCONZ. Inside the deCONZ application I can see that it is registered as a window covering device, in the cluster info inside deCONZ I am also able to lift, lower, adjust percentage, etc. This controls the motor perfectly.

I am unable to see this device via the JowiHUE plugin. I have scanned and see nothing available or showing up inside bridge maintenance. I understand that PhosCon will not show this device but it should be visible via the RESTAPI, I understand JowiHue is using this API. Let me know if there are some tips to get this working, I am super close.

Running HS4 on Windows 10. Have been using JowieHue forever with my philips Hue devices. Now have Conbee II to try and connect other Zigbee to HS4.

Regards,
    Mark

I spent some more time delving in to the depths of DeCONZ. Using the DDF editor I was able to add proper attributes for the Window Covering options for this Zigbee motor. I am now able to open/close and set the percentage open of the blinds from HomeSeer using the JowieHUE plugin. However, the only issue I am having is that when I set the slider in HomeSeer to say 50% open, the motor moves to proper position, but the slider reverts to '0' after the command completes. I can see in the 'Object Info' that JowieHUE is seeing the appropriate 'Lift' percent, however, the slider always reverts to '0' after adjusting to desired lift percent. See below:

Window covering device

**************************** Object info *****************************
    {
    "config": {
    "groups": [
    "0"
    ]
    },
    "etag": "c9ba87eb9df5788f020aeb887782d328",
    "hascolor": false,
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2023-03-05T17:46Z",
    "manufacturername": "Smartwings",
    "modelid": "WM25/L-Z",
    "name": "Test Motor",
    "state": {
    "bri": 0,
    "lift": 14,
    "on": false,
    "open": false,
    "reachable": true
    },
    "swversion": "0x00000002",
    "type": "Window covering device",
    "uniqueid": "dc:8e:95:ff:fe:aa:83:f5-01"
    }
    ************************* End Object info ***************************​

Comment

I have to check on this. I have a IKEA blind and it works fine for this blind. I noticed that the IKEA blind is updating both the lift and bri values... maybe could the the reason for differences...
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks, I am unsure if that attribute is 'Brightness', which seems odd. But I can check and perhaps either cull it out or maybe report same value in DeConz through the API. Let me know what you find and how I can help.

Regards,
        Mark

Comment

To follow-up, I looked at the DDF in DeCONZ for Ikea and tried a couple things. I mapped 'Bri' to the same as 'Lift'. So the values are the same. I fixed the 'Open' output so it reported 'true' or 'false' based on same evaluation used for Ikea. (Now the 'open' boolean is working as designed). Still, when I set an open value with the slider using the mapped device in homeseer, the slider stays where I dragged it till the motor completes and reports back lift value, then the slider moves all the way to the left. Here is what my output looks like from JowieHue for that device now.

Let me know how I can help debug.

Window covering device

**************************** Object info *****************************
          {
          "config": {
          "groups": []
          },
          "etag": "79529160c695dd9d3bfbcc42f36cc9c2",
          "hascolor": false,
          "lastannounced": null,
          "lastseen": "2023-03-08T22:06Z",
          "manufacturername": "Smartwings",
          "modelid": "WM25/L-Z",
          "name": "Window covering device 2",
          "state": {
          "bri": 24,
          "lift": 24,
          "on": false,
          "open": true,
          "reachable": true
          },
          "swversion": "0x00000002",
          "type": "Window covering device",
          "uniqueid": "dc:8e:95:ff:fe:aa:83:f5-01"
          }
          ************************* End Object info ***************************​

Comment

I will solve this in the plugin, so it will be a common solution for everyone. We have to be carefull to create a DDF that deviates to much from other DDF's for other blinds. It would be hard for the plugin to follow every different method.

Thanks!

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks. I am happy to help debug or test. I can make sure the values are similar to what you map and standard. I will wait for any updates. Mark

Comment

Working...
              X