What is this device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this device?

Been looking at deConz (v2.21.0) and see that I have a link to device called "0x4501". How may the uninitiated find out what the device is and remove same if required?

Highlighting the right circle in deConz shows "Home Automation 5f01" if htat is any help!

Screenshots help a LOT....

That being said, if a device is identified as a hexadecimal value instead of an alphanumeric name in deconz, that means it was never added correctly (for whatever reasons). Try excluding it and readding it again, make sure device is near your transceiver. It would also help to know what model of device is causing this.

In order to determine which device it is, simple deduction. Are all of your zigbee devices accounted for and named properly?

Comment

TC1, thanks for reply and my comments are as below:-

All my Zigbee devices have been given names and are accounted for bar this hexadecimal node.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	101
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1597165
      The above screen grab shows how it is appearing in deConz. I only noticed it when I was trouble shooting a roller blind motor! Will delete and see if anything stops working.

Comment

That is indeed very strange, I've never seen a lone device, though I have seen the incomplete adding problem (hexadecimal name). I agree with your approach in deleting and seeing what happens.

Comment

Are you sure it is not the blind device after all? In the other thread I suggested a seqence to try to get the Tuya motor going. Check if during this process this device shown here starts blinking... then this might be the blind after all.... but still strictly follow the steps I have shown there.... If it works out, this device will get a name as well.

If not, hit the delete button after selecting this ghost device. And check later if it returns with another hex name?
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

That OUI 00:15:8D is identified as Jennic Ltd, if that helps.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks for all your comments. I have (I think) identified what this random hex string is for! I previously had a device attached to a doorbell to notify when the bell rang. Some months ago this device was removed and is stored without any main battery in it. I had deleted the HS device.
              When I deleted the node in deConz and ran bridge maintenance in the plug in, the "bell" device was reinstated. I am left to "assume" that there is some residual battery capacity in the device that causes it to be recognised by deConz.

Comment

I have experienced deleted and inactive devices reapear in deConz, they eventually disappear after deleting them several times.
                tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                  I have experienced deleted and inactive devices reapear in deConz, they eventually disappear after deleting them several times.
                  Many thanks for information. Will keep deleting as and when - fortunately it does not appear to be causing any issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X