Aqara vibration device as door knock sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqara vibration device as door knock sensor

OK, the device is working with JowiHue and HS4, and I can adjust sensitivity. At zero it was too sensitive, at 1 it seemed OK, but I kept getting alerts with no door knock or movement. Then I tried 2 and it no longer worked with a door knock. OK, 1 it is.

I'm wondering if it is particularly sensitive to vibration in specific directions, and if i have it positioned incorrectly. It is stuck to the front door with the circular sticky ring. I decided to have the button at the top so it can be accessed. Does this look OK or have I got it the wrong way up ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	207
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1597641
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

I am not sure. I have two of these sensors here laying around. One of them I am using laying on top of the dryer. This one also gives false hits every now and then. I solved it by trigger on longer shakes - after all the dryer does not stop immediate. With a door this will be a different story. I do not think it should matter which side is up... with me playing with them I at least did not notice issues with it?
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
    X