Dual Dimmer can be read but not controlled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Dimmer can be read but not controlled

The dual light dimmer is recognized by JowiHue. Both channels are synchronized with the manual actions. Also Homeseer control seems to work. However nothing happens to the actual connected lights. (The single channel version of this dimmer functions without any problem.)

Restarting JowHue does not solve the problem. Restarting HomeSeer does solve the problem temporarily. After a while control is lost again.

Beneden Keuken Keuken

Feature configuration Keuken Control

Details Keuken Control
    On bridge Phoscon-GW
    00212EFFFF04EAC6
    ID 61
    Light manufacturer _TZE200_e3oitdyu Light model TS0601
    Light Type Dimmable plug-in unit Light Unique ID dc:8e:95:ff:fe:ac:e9:c8-02

Configuration options Keuken Control

Recover light settings after being unreachable

Feature configuration Keuken

Details Keuken
    On bridge Phoscon-GW
    xxxxxxxxx
    ID 60
    Light manufacturer _TZE200_e3oitdyu Light model TS0601
    Light Type Dimmable plug-in unit Light Unique ID dc:8e:95:ff:fe:ac:e9:c8-01

Configuration options Keuken

Recover light settings after being unreachable

Reset Graphic values for all features belonging to devices

\>
    Dimmable plug-in unit

**************************** Object info *****************************
    {
    "capabilities": {
    "alerts": [
    "none",
    "select",
    "lselect"
    ]
    },
    "config": {
    "groups": [
    "1"
    ]
    },
    "etag": "b9434916612beec7eebceb392b9f89ca",
    "hascolor": false,
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2023-03-11T20:20Z",
    "manufacturername": "_TZE200_e3oitdyu",
    "modelid": "TS0601",
    "name": "Keuken",
    "state": {
    "alert": "none",
    "bri": 91,
    "on": false,
    "reachable": true
    },
    "swversion": "1.0.4",
    "type": "Dimmable plug-in unit",
    "uniqueid": "dc:8e:95:ff:fe:ac:e9:c8-01"
    }
    ************************* End Object info ***************************

\>
    Dimmable plug-in unit

**************************** Object info *****************************
    {
    "capabilities": {
    "alerts": [
    "none",
    "select",
    "lselect"
    ]
    },
    "config": {
    "groups": [
    "1"
    ]
    },
    "etag": "8ed9955a8beb4c71f980ce54fa5ee5c0",
    "hascolor": false,
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2023-03-11T20:20Z",
    "manufacturername": "_TZE200_e3oitdyu",
    "modelid": "TS0601",
    "name": "Keuken",
    "state": {
    "alert": "none",
    "bri": 126,
    "on": true,
    "reachable": true
    },
    "swversion": "1.0.4",
    "type": "Dimmable plug-in unit",
    "uniqueid": "dc:8e:95:ff:fe:ac:e9:c8-02"
    }
    ************************* End Object info ***************************

Suddenly it started to function. I'll monitor it in the following days.
    Further investigations show restarting HomeSeer does restore control temporarily. After a while, control is lost again.

Comment

Jeroen,

I do not know these devices. Did you create an event that syncs lights to the setting of the dimmer or how do these work?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi,

This is an in wall module, one or two channels. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	1598223
        I just control it with an impuls switch or via HomeSeer. It is recognized OK but sometimes actual control of the lights is lost.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1598225

Comment

Ok, this means the plugin wil this all as a light.. But in this case it sees two lights on the same address. I think the plugin might confuse this as a RGBW light strip with the white light being a second light. The controls are not 100% strong I am afraid here. I will check on this on how to do this better.
          When the controls are not working correct, can you try to make a trace for me and then try to control bot devices? Also I would like to see the technology address in the device properties of both devices?

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I'll make a trace when the problem occurs. Where can I find the technology address?

Comment

I thought it was available on the details of the devices, but it seems to be hidden lately? You can enable showing it by going to the settings page of HS4 and then on the tab for labs enable to show the device address. It will then show on the device pages.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Do you mean the Light Unique ID as shown in the first post? This is shown as the device address when I enable it in labs/custom.

Comment

JowiHue-last.log: Actual light control not functioning
                  JowiHue.log: Actual Light control functioning again after reboot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jeroen,

I checked the logs, somehow the plugin stops being ablt to reach the deCONZ gateway, socket is closed and bridge is no longer reachable. I think from there on you have no control on any of the lights connected to the deCONZ gateway, probably sensors stop updating as well. I am guessing you will see a message in the log too, reporting the gateway is unreachable every now and then?

Which deCONZ version are you running at the moment?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

In previous tests only actual control is lost. When I manual control the switch this is detected by HomeSeer. Also I did not notice any problems with other devices during control loss. I'll check again.

deConz:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	64
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1599480

Comment

I checked again. Everything is working OK including detection of manual controlling the dimmer switch. The only thing that is not working is the actual HomeSeer control of the dimmer. After a reboot actual control is restored.

Comment

Jeroen,

I rechecked the lgs you send, but all I can see that at a certain point the gateway becomes unreachable and - as far as the log goes - does not come back:

Code:
                          6:32:26.6225140 -- (MySensors.UpdateSensorDevice) UpdateSensorDevice updated Tuinrelay Watts type ZHAPower To 238
                          16:32:33.4034270 -- (DeCONZWebsocket.SocketClosed) socket closed for bridge Phoscon-GW on 192.168.1.220:8088
                          16:32:33.4078660 -- (DeCONZCache.ChangeTimer) Debug: Phoscon-GW waittime = 1 refreshtime = 00:00:04
                          16:32:33.4089290 -- (DeCONZCache.ChangeTimer) BridgeCache: timer changed for Phoscon-GW
                          16:32:34.4086470 -- (VB$StateMachine_24_UpdateBridgeCache.MoveNext) Starting deCONZ cacheupdate for Phoscon-GW update running: False
                          16:32:34.4105770 -- (DeCONZWebsocket.Connect) Connecting websocket to 192.168.1.220 on port 8088
                          16:32:34.4157160 -- (DeCONZWebsocket.SocketError) Debug: Error:Connection refused
                          16:32:34.4166380 -- (DeCONZWebsocket.SocketError) Connection to Phoscon-GW failed
                          16:32:34.4218430 -- (DeCONZCache.ChangeTimer) Debug: Phoscon-GW waittime = 0 refreshtime = 00:00:04
                          16:32:34.4230760 -- (DeCONZCache.ChangeTimer) BridgeCache: timer changed for Phoscon-GW
                          16:32:34.4239240 -- (VB$StateMachine_24_UpdateBridgeCache.MoveNext) Starting deCONZ cacheupdate for Phoscon-GW update running: True
                          16:32:34.4245410 -- (VB$StateMachine_24_UpdateBridgeCache.MoveNext) UpdateBridgeCache already running for bridge Phoscon-GW. Throttling refresh to 300.5 seconds
                          16:32:34.9120020 -- (DeCONZCache.Bridgereachable) Debug: Reconnect to websocket for Phoscon-GW failed
                          16:32:34.9124880 -- (DeCONZCache.Bridgereachable) Bridge not reachable​

Is it possible that somehow deCONZ was restarted here, or that there was a network glitch? Did an IP change take place for HS or deCONZ? Anything that happens here?

Because the results here are that deCONZ is not communicating with the plugin anymore. If the device is uncontrollabel for HS, is deCONZ reachable from the HS machine like normal?

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

As stated before everything seems to work OK. I can control all my lights, sensors are monitored, changes in the dimmer state are monitored but only the actual control of the specified dimmer is not working anymore. I did not change anything. Shall I create one continuous log containing the working dimmer and loss of control?

Jeroen.

Comment

Working...
                            X