MOES 4 way Wireless Scene Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOES 4 way Wireless Scene Switch

Issue sorted...can't see how to delete post!
    Attached Files

Just in case anyone else is having an issue with these devices, my problem was getting my head around how the four switches were laid out. Top left was the "4 way" while bottom right was the next one "Switch 29".
    This differs form the "button numbering" where top left was number 1 while bottom right was number 4......
    Simple when I worked it out!

Comment

I knew it was too good to last once i had all the 12 scenes programmed with relevant event toggles! This afternoon I found that all four green lights on the device were flashing as if it was in "pair" mode. The device had not been touched for over 12 hours since last use.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	544
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1598156
      Updating "bridge contents" did not get the switch to link. Looking at deConz and Phoscon, the device is seen but not linked to anything as per screen shot above.
      I have removed device battery and reinserted after 20 minutes but no change. I have restarted the deConz PC which also runs HS4 and no change.

Is this where I resort to deleting the node in deConz or is there another option?
      TIA for nay help.

Comment

Flashing means the device is communicating with deCONZ, not necesarily being in pair mode. If you are pairing the device the flashing is showing there is communication. But pressing a button will also cause some flashing.
        There is no need for worrying if the line is missing. Do the buttons still toggle the lights when pressed? Then it is working fine. Not all battery devices will always show lines in deCONZ but still function normal. Not need to delete!

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Flashing means the device is communicating with deCONZ, not necesarily being in pair mode. If you are pairing the device the flashing is showing there is communication. But pressing a button will also cause some flashing.
          There is no need for worrying if the line is missing. Do the buttons still toggle the lights when pressed? Then it is working fine. Not all battery devices will always show lines in deCONZ but still function normal. Not need to delete!

Wim
          Thanks Wim, unfortunately none of the buttons work at all. Lines were showing when set up originally - all events are still in HS (and have been copied to single Sonoff switches where they are working. Having the four lights flashing continuously is not the most attractive switch!!! Will try to repair again.

Comment

aaarf.... You mean lights are flashing on the phisical devices? I interpreted this as flashing dots in the deCONZ map... sorry.

If the dots in the map are flashing there is communication. I have no clue what flashing leds on the button mean... maybe they are searching for a connection, but I do not know these buttons of course... was there any manual with the device not written in chinese only?

you can check while doing a reset on the deCONZ map if any communication happens.... Reset the phisical device and start a scan, do you see any dots blinking in the deCONZ map?

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by Dewcal View Post
              I knew it was too good to last once i had all the 12 scenes programmed with relevant event toggles! This afternoon I found that all four green lights on the device were flashing as if it was in "pair" mode. The device had not been touched for over 12 hours since last use.

Updating "bridge contents" did not get the switch to link. Looking at deConz and Phoscon, the device is seen but not linked to anything as per screen shot above.
              I have removed device battery and reinserted after 20 minutes but no change. I have restarted the deConz PC which also runs HS4 and no change.

Is this where I resort to deleting the node in deConz or is there another option?
              TIA for nay help.
              It is almost never necessary to delete a device from deCONZ. It is sometimes helpful to delete the devices in HomeSeer and cycle JowiHue (which will rebuild them) But that will mess up your events. Have you tried a new battery? Also try doing a scan for "new" devices, sometimes deCONZ does not properly set up a device or forgets about it. Also if any updates to code or the DDF were made recently, the definition of the device (in deCONZ) could change. Are you using the device in the same place where it was first tested? Have you made any changes to the surrounding ZigBee network? You might also want to google for that device and "flashing led". You might get some clues on what is going on.

Comment

Just as an FYI, there's a new PR in deconz for this device I believe:
                Update _TZ3000_TS044_4gang_remote.json by sinus61 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub​

Comment

Thanks Wim, bdickaus and TC1 for your replies - I will try to answer all suggestions here.
                  Each of the four switches has a green LED that, so far as I know, is supposed to flash when the switch is pressed. My unit ended up with all four LEDs on the device flashing once a second or slightly quicker - as if it had gone into pairing mode. There was no other comments re this in the "manual".
                  I tried "re-pairing" the device several times - even having left the battery out overnight - and no luck.
                  Have tried a new battery - the unit was less than a week old.
                  I had not knowingly changed any code or DDF - that is beyond my current knowledge!
                  The the device nor the ConBee II stick or any other Zigbee nodes had not moved or any changes made.
                  Googling the problem only told me how to unbox and do an initial pairing.
                  Moes support kept asking for the "video of the problem" and so I decided to return the unit to Amazon for a refund / replacement. Will see how long the next one lasts! (I have several single Sonoff Zigbee switches which all work fine and have not caused any issues.)
                  Thanks for the info re the "new PR" - unfortunately this means very little to me as my knowledge does not extend as to how to use this information. Can you kindly suggest any documentation that I can try to learn from please? I note the date is "2021" - is this something that Sonoff would start to include in their device or is it just for deConz?
                  Thanks to all for your help and I will update as and when new device arrives etc.

Comment

Dewcal, PR means "pull request" which means one of the developers for deconz is actively working on an issue. That PR mentions "Fix battery drain and add switch variants to _TZ3000_TS044_4gang_remote.json" which I believe the MOES 4 way Wireless Scene Switch is based on.

To put in simplest terms, there are known problems with the device in terms of operating properly with deconz. If true, then all one can do is wait until the next version of deconz is released.

Comment

TC1 - many thanks for educating me! Most things are simple when you understand them!!

Comment

I have now obtained another one of these "4 Scene Switches" - also via Amazon - but no obvious manufacturers name. It is model number RSH-ZigBee-SC04. Externally, it differs from the previous one by have dots printed on each switch - 1,2,3,and 4.
                        Now using deConz v 21.1 and the device paired very quickly. However, this time I could only see a single switch in HS4 rather than the 4 switches I saw previously - compare to screen shot in previous post.

Views:	494
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1599789
                        This made me try to re-pair the device a couple of times to no change. Looking at deConz I saw that it had recognised four "switches" in the device so I then tried programming each "switch" as required.

Views:	471
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1599790
                        This has worked and I now have a functioning device - with a very different method of setting up.

Hopefully this will continue to keep working!! Will update in due course.

Comment

A further update..... I was presented with another Moes 4 Scene Switch (ESW-0ZAA-EU) which I duly linked up to deConnz / HS4. I find that this device actually registers 4 switches on deConz and in JowieHue as per my initial post in this thread.
                          So while these switches look identical (apart from the dots printed on one of them, the internals are either different or have different configurations - something it might be worth considering if going for one of these devices.
                          Both are now working without issue - been a whole two days so far....

Comment

As an update, I have now given up on both these devices! As indicated previously, both paired easily and could be programmed as required. However, for some reason, pairing one or both devices caused my window covering devices to fail. When I "re-paired" the window covering devices, both of the 4 scene switches failed to work and both exhibited the activation lights on the four segments flashing as if they wanted to pair.
                            I have been unable to "re-pair" them so will wait for deConz 2.99.x or similar when they may work!

Meanwhile, does anyone have any ideas as to what other devices may be used to control up to 9 scenes in one device?

Comment

I am using the Tuya one, 12 scenes and is working fine

Wil

Comment

Working...
                              X