Aqara Sensor connecting to the wrong sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqara Sensor connecting to the wrong sensor

I have attached a print screen describing what I'm experiencing. This sensor unfortunately although connected, it does not respond well and it is recording maybe two a day, today no record of lt. Can I redirect it to the Configuration Tool 1 that is the main module?

Thanks
    Attached Files

But doesn't the smartplug have a route to the configuration tool. It should just pass on the info. I have various smartplugs and Aqara sensors throughout my house as well. The sensor connects to the most convenient smartplug which connects to the "configuration tool". Are you saying all your sensors go straight to the mothership?

That said, in my opinion both the Aqara sensors AND the Sonoff smartplugs have limited range. Unfortunately, my Raspbee is in a cabinet full of electronic equipment at the far end of a ranch house I could probably resolve all this by centrally locating the raspbee in the attic.
    Most of my sensors go to one repeater, but some do to to other plugs. Click image for larger version

Name:	flow-map.png
Views:	117
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	1598766

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the Aqara sensor ranges, I have Aqara door/window sensors in a detached garage on the rear of my property that make a direct connection to my ConBeeII that is inside my house in a central closet.

They key to solving the problem here is network design and truly understanding your RF environment, which is especially true for Zigbee networks since they share an already crowded spectrum. I too had an Aqara sensor in my bathroom that was not reporting in like it should (in theory they report whenever there is significant change in readings, unlike Z-wave multi-sensors which report in on a cyclic basis). At first, I tried putting an Ikea plug in an outlet that was halfway the distance from the sensor to the ConBee, for a while that seemed to work. I finally solved my erratic reporting issues when I did a Wifi radio survey near the sensor and the ConBee, I could see a lot of possible interference from neighbors' networks. Once I moved my Conbee network all the way to the end of the spectrum at channel 25 then all my problems went away.

Note that the interference could actually be happening from your own access points if you haven't planned out your wifi and zigbee networks, or even a microwave oven that is say sitting near the sensor. In a prefect world this stuff should all be plug-n-play, unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world.

Comment

Both sensor are very close to the main controller while others far away but with good signal. Is it possible to remove the link to the other sensor and hopefully it will join directly the main module?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

AFAIK, no, Zigbee networks are supposed to be self-healing.

Also, my bathroom sensor was very close to my controller.

From looking at your network diagram, no other devices are solely depending on the SmartPlug Outlet, so disconnect it if you can. The bathroom sensor should eventually reroute, you can force it by quickly pushing the button on the side of it to wake it up.

I still assert that you should do a radio survey of your environment to see the true nature of what is going on.

Comment

Thank you, I moved the outlet sensor and the temperature sensor directly joined the main controller. Thank you.

Comment

TC1
              I still assert that you should do a radio survey of your environment to see the true nature of what is going on.
              You've always got good ideas. Tools or software to do a radio survey?

Comment

All you need is your smartphone. On Android I use WiFi Analyzer, it's free.
                For example, below is a survey I just did near the Aqara sensor that was giving me problems:

Click image for larger version  Name:	temp1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	1598813

See all that traffic? Those are all from my surrounding neighborhood.

Here is a comparison of WiFi vs Zigbee spectrum:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	1598814

I believe that deconz defaults to Zigbee Channel 20 when first installed, which is around Wifi Channel 9. Look at my radio survey, around Wifi channel 9 is crowded. By moving my deconz setting to ZigBee channel 25 (don't use 26 since not every device supports it) at the end of the spectrum, all my irregular ZigBee reporting problems disappeared, because I was no longer competing with all the WiFi traffic interference.​

Comment

Brilliant

Thank you for the explanation. App installed, and I'm hooked !
                  Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Great feedbacks, last question, where in the app I would move to that frequency?

Comment

In the Phoscon web app:

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1598965

Comment

Hmm, I changed it as below, but it still showed 11 in Phoscon. I moved to 25 as well, but should we change in both places?
                        This is done by selecting Edit > Network Settings OR by pressing F9 if you have keyboard access.
                        ​​​​​​​
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 03-18-23 at 05.57 PM.png
Views:	73
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1599033

Comment

Phoscon is just a web interface for the deconz API. Seems like you're caching the web page, if on a windows browser, do a Ctrl+R to force a refresh of the web page.

Also make sure you restart deconz after the change. You also might have to wake up some battery powered zigbee devices in order for them to use the new channel/frequency. Changing the channel is not something that should be done often unless you have to,

Comment

Working...
                          X