Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this sensor supported - Jeanoko Soil Sensor, APP Connection Plant Monitor Zigbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this sensor supported - Jeanoko Soil Sensor, APP Connection Plant Monitor Zigbee

I purchased Jeanoko Soil Sensor, APP Connection Plant Monitor Non Corroding for Zigbee but it seems that it is not working.

Anyone has any experience with this sensor?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I read here and he was able to successfully integrate it Smarthome. I like the sensor and it may have a prudential with https://smarthomescene.com/reviews/t...gxm-01-review/ How would I check if it is in the zegbee database?

Comment

It seems that it will work with Zigbee2MQTT, can I use it with the combination of Michael MQTT plugin? will it interfere with Jowhue plugin?

Comment

First and foremost, did it add/include successfully with deconz? If the zigbee transceiver/API doesn't successfully recognize it then nothing else will work.
          Since you're posting in the JowiHue forum I'm assuming you're using a ConBee or RaspBee as your transceiver.

EDIT: Never mind, I did the research, this device is not fully working yet with deconz:
          Issues · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

Comment

Thank you, I did some research myself and I did only find one note about adding this sensor. Sorry, next time I will be more precise with what system I have but you were correct.

Thank you

Comment

They reason I wanted verification of what transceiver you were using is that I didn't want you going down an unfruitful path, like using another plugin to solve the issue when it had to be solved at a more fundamental level.

these soil sensors look interesting and I'm wondering if the prongs are long enough to be useful in my outside garden. But first we all have to wait until the deconz devs get their act together so the sensors can successfully be added.

Comment

They look interesting to me as well... looking at the images I would estimate the prongs could be 6 cm max, might be a bit short?
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  They look interesting to me as well... looking at the images I would estimate the prongs could be 6 cm max, might be a bit short?
                  The 3 sensors are about 2 1/2 inches while the entire device is 7 1/2. The construction is ok made, expecially the battery department where there are no signs of a positive or negative polarities and both ends look the same, so you don't know how the battery goes. Very bizzarre nowadays to see something like that. The documentarion sucks but I see it all the times. I will try to return it for now and buy when is more of a mature product.

Comment

Unfortunately I can not return it, how do you go by checking when they release a new update, do you have any notification that you can set that let you know when the team updates those devices?

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
                      Unfortunately I can not return it, how do you go by checking when they release a new update, do you have any notification that you can set that let you know when the team updates those devices?

You need to monitor the release page:
                      Releases · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

If you create an account/sign-in you'll notice in the upper right of the page you can manage notifications.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X