Plugin stopped working after LIFX 2.80 Firmware Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin stopped working after LIFX 2.80 Firmware Update

All of my LIFX lights recently stopped working from Homeseer. Reinstalling the plugin did not work and the Discover option is now not finding any devices. After some investigation, I found that firmware version 2.80 was recently pushed to the lights. Anyone else having problems? The LIFX app works fine.
    Attached Files

I also just tried the old UltraLighting3 plugin that I had used with HS3. This is also not finding any devices.

Comment

ok I will have a look, maybe they changed something in 2.8 firmware.
      when you do the discovery do you have the LIFX app opened? If so please try to close the app first and then discover with the plugin.

Comment

Do you have several network interfaces on your Homeseer machine? Like for example a real network interface and a virtual network interface for virtual machines?
        If so please try to disable the virtual network interface from the windows network settings, and run the discovery again.

I just had this problem while testing discovery. Disabling the second interface allows discovery to work, but I will put a fix in the plugin for this issue.

Comment

I just checked, and yes, it looks like there is a virtual switch. I have removed this once before, but it looks like Windows 10 may have added it back after an update. I will remove it and try re-scanning

Comment

Not much luck with that...
            I removed the "Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Switch" and rebooted.
            I that went into HS4 and clicked Discover Devices on the LIFX plugin.
            There was some progress here... It did find 1 of 6 lights that I have. However, there were errors in the log ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object.") and the light that was discovered was not controllable. It appeared as offline on the device page.

I then deleted the device, restarted Homeseer, and attempted to discover again. This time, nothing is found.
            I verified that the virtual adapter is no longer present.

Trace log attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Please test version 4.0.5 available as a beta version

- with version 4.0.4 delete all the LIFX devices from the Device Management page
              - make sure there is no remaining LIFX device in the devices page. If there is some delete them manually.
              - install version 4.0.5 and start it
              - make sure your LIFX app on your phone is closed
              - run the discovery from the Device Management page

if it is still not working please post a trace log from the moment you start the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                Please test version 4.0.5 available as a beta version

- with version 4.0.4 delete all the LIFX devices from the Device Management page
                - make sure there is no remaining LIFX device in the devices page. If there is some delete them manually.
                - install version 4.0.5 and start it
                - make sure your LIFX app on your phone is closed
                - run the discovery from the Device Management page

if it is still not working please post a trace log from the moment you start the plugin.

Sorry for the delay... I just noticed the response.
                I followed the instructions and installed the beta plugin. I even force closed the lifx app on my iphone just to be sure.

It again found 1 of 6 devices. This time, I can actually control the device that was found. Last time when it found 1 of 6 devices, it found a different light and it was not controllable. Log attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the log.

could you confirm that the IP address of your HS system is 192.168.1.152?
                  do you have all your LIFX lights on the same subnetwork, i.e. 192.168.1.XXX ?
                  could you try for testing to disable the windows firewall on your HS machine? The plugin needs to be able to send and receive UDP broadcast on your local network for discovery.
                  if you run the discovery again, are other lights being discovered? for example if you unplug the one light that is discovered and re-run discovery does that change anything?

Comment

Yes, it is 192.168.1.152
                    However, I think I am all good now. I do have another data point for you in case this happens to anyone else. When I was running the discovery, my lights were all dimmed. On a hunch, I just put everything up to 100% brightness and ran discover devices again. Boom! This time the plugin found all of the lights and everything is working again.

Comment

Working...
                    X