Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved all lights to reservered DHCP addresses. Plugin shows incorrect IPs & timeouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved all lights to reservered DHCP addresses. Plugin shows incorrect IPs & timeouts

> System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out. at LifxNet.LifxClient.BroadcastMessagePayloadAsync[T] (System.String hostName, LifxNet.FrameHeader header, LifxNet.MessageType type, System.Byte[] payload) [0x0016f] in :0 at HSPI_LIFX.DeviceMapping.Init () [0x0007f] in :0

All but two of my bulbs have the correct IPs. However, those two, report back with the gateway IP address.

All lights are on the same subnet, same AP and same SSID.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs4_lifxfail2.png
Views:	185
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1500779

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4_LifxFail.png
Views:	170
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1500780

Note : Often times you let the router the assign the device an IP first before you reserve it...

This, is mechanical...
    • Go the Config folder found the HomeSeer (root) folder and delete the plug-in's .ini.bak file, cut and paste elsewhere the plug-in's .ini file somewhere safe ( can be reapplied should the next step not work...)
    • Flash/re-install the plug-in and restart it and/or reboot HomeSeer
    • You may need to reconfigure your devices (to the new IP(s))

Also make a habit of rebooting everything including the router.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      Note : Often times you let the router the assign the device an IP first before you reserve it...

This, is mechanical...
      • Go the Config folder found the HomeSeer (root) folder and delete the plug-in's .ini.bak file, cut and paste elsewhere the plug-in's .ini file somewhere safe ( can be reapplied should the next step not work...)
      • Flash/re-install the plug-in and restart it and/or reboot HomeSeer
      • You may need to reconfigure your devices (to the new IP(s))

Also make a habit of rebooting everything including the router.

Eman.
      Eman, When this error occurs the lights are online and have been assigned an IP by the router.
      However, there is absolutely no necessity to having a DHCP server request an IP before creating a reservation. As long as the MAC is correct, they can be created at any point.

Comment

Could you enable Log to File from the settings page at Trace level, and then do the discovery again. Ideally if you could takes all the lights offline except the 2 that causes issues, the log would be easier to read and troubleshoot, but if you can't it's not a big issue.

Then please send me the Logs/LIFX.txt log file.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          Could you enable Log to File from the settings page at Trace level, and then do the discovery again. Ideally if you could takes all the lights offline except the 2 that causes issues, the log would be easier to read and troubleshoot, but if you can't it's not a big issue.

Then please send me the Logs/LIFX.txt log file.
          Will do spud. Thanks. I've been super busy at work, I'll try to get that for you this weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X