LIFX Zone control - i.e. Lightstrips or multi-color LED Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIFX Zone control - i.e. Lightstrips or multi-color LED Bulbs

Is there a way to control the individual zones in the LIFX devices that support them?

The LIFX app, allows for zone-level control for custominzing the colors of each segment. For strips, this means setting up rainbow effects, or other color combinations such as sport team colors.

Would like to be able to set up discrete controls in HS4, possibly even periodic animations via color changes if possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OPTIMISED-HERO-Give-any-room-the-edge_750x.jpg?v=1637102690.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1561503

Originally posted by LeeIII View Post
    Is there a way to control the individual zones in the LIFX devices that support them?

The LIFX app, allows for zone-level control for customizing the colors of each segment. For strips, this means setting up rainbow effects, or other color combinations such as sport team colors.

Would like to be able to set up discrete controls in HS4, possibly even periodic animations via color changes if possible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OPTIMISED-HERO-Give-any-room-the-edge_750x.jpg?v=1637102690.jpg Views:	86 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	1561503
    ** BUMP **

Anyone using the LIFX Plugin these days?

Love working with the LIFX lights because they have local network control directly with the device IP addresses without requiring external internet or cloud connection in HomeSeer.

I have several LIFX Z Strips and was also considering the new LIFX Neon Flex strip which is also zone enabled.

Anyone using LIFX and/or developing zone control ability within the Plugin?

https://lan.developer.lifx.com/docs/introduction

--Lee III

Comment

Is ANYONE using this plugin besides me?

Asking becuase I see little or no developer involvement on the thread. And yet, the LIFX devices are some of the most reliable devices on my network.

Once configured, they seem to stay connected to my WiFi, operate completely indepdently of any internet/cloud connection, and have reliably been operating with Homeseer since I started adding them to the mix.

As LIFX has continued to roll out new products, I'm interested to continue using them but would hope that HomeSeer could keep up with them as a supported product line via this plugin and hopefully would support new features using the LIFX direct connection API's.

Examples of new products:
      - SuperColor Neon Flex strips
      - SuperColor Flood Light
      - SuperColor String Lights for Outdoors

- Outdoor Low Voltage: SuperColor Spot & SuperColor Path lights which look really cool as well!

Anyone out there?

--Lee III

Comment

Were you more interested in LAN protocol?

I have used the HTTP API and cobbled some curl and javascript scripts with the API bearer token and run direct from HS4 events and they still work today. The API would support all LIFX lamps and versions, you just need internet to use it. Let me know if you would like a couple of sample scripts.

I have used and continue to use ultralighting plugin today for LAN control and it continues to work well. The author retired so I am not sure how you would go about updating your lamp database with any newer models.

I never tried the Homeseer LIFX plugin. Hope this helps

Comment

We also use the ultralighting plugin since it existed before the HS plugin. Haven't looked at or tried the HS plugin, may have to thou in the future as this plugin is abandoned. Have to agree with your experience they have been very reliable to date(5 years). Most of our Lifx lights are behind zwave switches so we control by switch and do any colours/config in the lifx app.

Comment

Working...
          X