Problem Installation Plugin MCSKNX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Installation Plugin MCSKNX

Hi I installed the mcsKNX plugin on a Windows 10 PC with HS4 Std 4.1.1.0, but I'm having problems. After the installation of the plugin this remains pending and some configuration cannot be performed.

Any information in the HS log? (Tools/Log). There will be console output in Developer Mode (Setup/General/Other Settings). Plugin access is from Plugins/mcsKNX/Config with Connection tab being first to setup. Can you get this far?

Comment

Same issue here - Once I install the plugin the complete HS4 system seems to grind to a halt...

Comment

What about the steps outlined I. Post #2? Since this behavior does not occur with those involved with the testing and on my system there needs to be more information to help understand the behavior you are experiencing.

Comment

Dear Micheal this is the LOG after starting the HS4:
          13/07/2020 14:58:03 HomeSeer Info Plugin mcsKNX with ID: mcsKNX and Instance: has disconnected
          13/07/2020 14:58:03 HomeSeer Error Initializing plug-in(1): mcsKNX Instance::Reference to an object not set on an object instance. Time to load: 612 milliseconds
          13/07/2020 14:58:02 HomeSeer Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsKNX ...
          13/07/2020 14:58:02 HomeSeer Info Plugin mcsKNX with instance mcsKNX has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51319

After the plugin is activated, is not possible to access the IP address cannot. When I selected the button "More" no exit any push-up. In the same PC I have Zwave Plugin and this work fine.

Thanks for you Help.

Comment

Can you enable developer mode from HS4 Settings page. It will show more information in the Console window. I can put more detailed debug, but let us first take advantage of what is already available.

Comment

Hi this the information after set Develop Mode:

Comment

The message seems to be related to autofac. It is something that I had not used before and come from the plugin I inherited. When I removed autofac from the set of referenced objects I was still able to compile the plugin without errors so that is somewhat confusing to me. The new compile is attached. See if makes any difference. Unzip the attached in to the HS4 folder.

Attached Files

Comment

Dear Micheal

I thank you for your valuable help. Now after your instructions the system works between HS4 and KNX. Now I only have the problem which is the following. From HS Designer I can select an KNX On-Off command, but I cannot attribute an On - Off - Toggle command. I'm definitely doing something wrong in the configuration. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I believe what you are asking is for plugin support of a toggle control. I added this in http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsKNX_4_0_2_0.zip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1407868

To enable it there are two choices. One is remove the existing device in HS and let the plugin recreate a new one. It will be a new device reference number and will have the toggle control.

The second choice, after installing the version in the zip, is to manually edit the Device's control to add the toggle. This is shown below

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	120
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	1407869

Comment

Hello, I've the same problem of Fox65 but substituting the .exe as suggested, nothing change.
                      I installed the mcsKNX plugin on a Windows 10 PC with HS4 Std 4.1.4.0
                      At startup, prompt of mcsKNX plugin disappears after a second Click image for larger version

Name:	KNX failure after copy 2.png
Views:	133
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1418532Click image for larger version

Name:	Plugin installed.png
Views:	108
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1418533
                      I see that SDJ-VStat plugin goes on without problems only when mcsKNX is disabled

Comment

I determined the Autofac exception is raised at the first reference to the Knx dll's that are in the \bin\mcsKNX folder. This means it is not a plugin logic issue, but a references issue. I reached out to the original author of the KNX plugin via PM for suggestions. The technology around Autofac is something which I have no experience. It is odd that only Italian users are reporting this problem.

Comment

Ok Michael, but if there are non changes due to language in your plugin can be Homeseer the problem?
                          Because aftermcsKNX goes on abnormally or abort, why other plugin (in this case SDJ-VStat) is affected?
                          So, can be the call to plugin the problem? Or Windows 10 VS Linux?
                          I say so because I do not know so deeply Homeseer.

To complete information provided, if after error I stop and restart plugin (sometimes can be a successful action), in the installed plugin window I see: "Plugin start is pending"

Comment

I have not received any response to the PM from the original author. I suspect he is no longer working with Homeseer.

In the case of the error being raised it is from the Falcon SDK. From the KNX.org site the following are the requirements.

Requirement for the KNX Falcon .NET library is ".NET Framework 4.6.1 (or higher) shall be installed. This might come with the operating system or the setup of the development environment. See Development environment section if this is the case."

"The following files and assemblies shall to be present in the build output directory:
                            1. The USB interface description file knx_interfaces.xml and the KNX master data file knx_master.xml. This ensures that KNX USB interfaces and KNX master data will be available for Falcon in case ETS is not installed. If these files are present in both folders, i.e. C:\ProgramData\KNX\Falcon and C:\ProgramData\KNX\Falcon\XML\project-14 then Falcon will compare the file versions and use the one with the higher version. In contrast to ETS, Falcon does not update the master data."
                            The first of these .NET 4.6.1 are being satisfied by the HS4 install. I attached from my computer the C:\ProgramData\KNX folder. If you do not have it on yours then unzip it so the paths are maintained in the second requirement.

I also included some additional files that were in the Falcon SDK as part of the plugin package. It is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsKNX_4_0_0_4.zip. Put the zip in the HS4 folder, extract updater_override.json into the same HS4 folder. Navigate to Plugins/Add and the only available one will be mcsKNX. Select it. Remove updater_override.json from the HS4 folder to restore normal Updater operation.

I get the impression that Autofac provides a runtime capability to locate other software components. For example, the Homeseer SDK is used by mcsKNX. The source code for mcsKNX references Homeseer SDK and it exists in a known location (\bin\Homeseer). The Homeseer SDK may depend upon a component xyz. mcsKNX does not need to know about xyz, but when Homeseer SDK is called from mcsKNX then the computer will need to have xyz available. I think what Autofac does is try to find xyz. Autofac is included with the KNX Falcon SDK.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well, I have performed the proposed steps but to no avail.
                              I tried to install KNX plugin in a HS4 for raspberry with the same result, below the system response.

Name:	lista.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1419424

Comment

Working...
                              X