Migration from izKNX to mcsKNX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migration from izKNX to mcsKNX

I migrate to HS4 pro from HS3 pro, but KNX devices do not have mcsKNX folder in the device properties.
    what is the correct migration procedure?

There is no migration path with the version that you now have. What I will attempt is to do the import on initial use. Let me play with it a little. There are some design differences such as mcsKNX use of the knx.xml to base its GA and DPT information. I suspect this will make it a requirement that knx.xml does exist and contains the GA/DPT definitions for the HS devices that had been previously created.

Comment

I provided a migration capability in 4.0.4.0 at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsKNX_4_0_4_0.zip. The manual was updated in the zip and includes instructions for both installing manually using updater_override.json (in the zip) in Section 2.2.1 and for step to migration from izKNX in Section 2.4.

Since I do not have a real KNX install my migration effectiveness cannot be evaluated very thoroughly. Give me feedback is something is not working correctly. Since the two plugins have a different design approach there will be some things that cannot migrate directly, but even in that case a little manual edit should get what is needed.

Comment

I defined a mcsKNX device of two octets, creating a new event to assign a value to this device it's impossible to assign a value because the drop down menu is limited to first 1000 values ( from -670760 to -669761).

I think the best solution is allow manual entry.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	KNX setpoint.png
Views:	79
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1422777

Name:	KNX events1.png
Views:	86
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1422776

Comment

I have seen this issue reported before for other plugins in prior versions of HS4. I did not track to see if later HS4 versions fixed it.

The issue is that the range of the available value is too large for a selector and HS4 has elected to unconditionally use a selector for their Control a Device range.

The range of potential values is defined by the plugin. For Datapoint type 9.002 the specification is values in range of -670760 to +670760 with a resolution of 0.01

One way that I can see to overcome the HS4 constraint is for the plugin to create a trigger type and then it could use a numeric text box for the UI. Another would be to for plugin provisions for scaling so that the range would be user-specified and the plugin then handles the scaling in both directions. There is also an EasyTrigger plugin that has good reviews. It may be able to present the value in the text box.

Comment

Sorry, last version of HS4 do not solve this problem.

Comment

I added the ability for the user to specify the control range with a minimum and maximum. This will limit the number of values that HS will display in the event trigger. I did not change the status range or graphics.

Extract the attached into the HS folder. Restart the plugin. From HS Device page, click on the thermostat device, select the mcsKNX tab. Change the min and max text boxes. Click Save.
              I have not tested much so let me know how it goes.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1423310

Comment

Return error in Json and other errors

Comment

I was receiving no errors with my test scenario so I need additional information about the errors you are observing.

Comment

Working...
                  X