Problems using KNX devices in SDJ-Vstat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems using KNX devices in SDJ-Vstat

Tring to define a virtual thermostat with SDJ-Vstat, I do not find KNX thermal sensor devices.
    I suppose that one of problems can be in the missed device type (Api: "feature" instead of "2" or "4" or whatever else)
    Reading HS3 online help we can see that device type is mandatory.
    But I think there is another parameter on whitch SDJ-Vstat check to create the select list of devices, but I've not idea of what.

Originally posted by epriora View Post
    Tring to define a virtual thermostat with SDJ-Vstat, I do not find KNX thermal sensor devices.
    I suppose that one of problems can be in the missed device type (Api: "feature" instead of "2" or "4" or whatever else)
    Reading HS3 online help we can see that device type is mandatory.
    But I think there is another parameter on whitch SDJ-Vstat check to create the select list of devices, but I've not idea of what.
    Can you post a screenshot of the Advanced tab for one of your KNX thermal sensor devices and I will help.

Steve

P.S. This would be best posted in the SDJ-VStat subforum.

Comment

It is not clear if you are trying to define a device using mcsKNX or you are trying to define something in SDJ-VStat. In izKNX there was an approach to define a thermostat type. In mcsKNX the thermostat is built by creating a multi-feature device with Group Addresses. If you have already created generic devices for these Group Addresses then you will want to remove them since a Group Address can only be used once.

Comment

No Michael, to create KNX devices I've used your automatic function and I do not create any manually (but I think I will create someone deleting the corresponding device with same Group Address).
        In SDJ-Vstat is possible define a thermostat linking existing devices (Z-Wave, Zigbee, KNX and so on), well, in configuration there are links to sensor and to actuator (control device), searching in sensors I do not find KNX thermal sensors (but I find the Z-Wave sensor), whereas in control devices I find all actuators and switches.
        So I deduce a problem in thermal sensors definition, but can be most simple to contact Steve to know its selection criteria.

Comment

OK, solved typing "Temperature sensor" in device type string.

Comment

Working...
          X